Ok, now Iam confused!

Red2112

I never liked anime and this will just add onto that ...

WTf is this......!?!??!

Is any1 really gonna play this "game" or whatever it is... omg.. my face cant stop making grimaces on its own...  

Disgusting.... 

P.S> it is not just about video.. their voices are ...ARGH!!!!!

Edited by BigBadVuk

Japanese society is headed in a particular direction. There's a phenomenon there called Hikikomori, which typically describes people who don't grow up and leave their parent's houses and stay locked up in their rooms watching TV, playing video games and so forth. Another name given to the youngish males are 'herbivore men,' males who have abandoned pursuing women and have their outlets through again, TV, video games etc.

Sociologists and government officials in Japan are concerned because of the declining birth rate there and this phenomenon that's going on, that is to say, younger people dropping out and just being more interested in eccentric behavior and hobbies. The Japanese are the ones who are probably going to invent the first electronic, robotic female companions (they already have all this other stuff like cuddle cafes). Why is this happening? Well, a provocative explanation is that there is so much pressure on young men there to succeed, you basically have to get into the top tier universities and score prestigious jobs there, or you fall by the wayside. Women consider the second and third tier guys increasingly less worth their time, less masculine, less valuable, so the response there has been by many males is to give up on society the way society has kind of forgotten them. It's becoming increasingly dire, or bizarre to our eyes, because the competition there is so ridiculous (with a very high suicide rate among young people as evidence).

Edited by Captain_Colossus

I agree they do have a problem with this and consumption of all sorts.  There is also the lineage of wealthy familys who are the first to access high tier universities, so it´s not only having the money, but also the lineage you need to achive sucess in there culture.  But as I always say, if the product isent available, you can´t buy it, so they should also choose/filter whats on hand to there society.  In other words, you recive what you grow.  Unfortunatly the money machine has no eyes for culture, the only future it knows is more money, and who governs are those who have money.  Politics is business in most part now day´s and there´s alot of people over at the red sun. They don´t care much about what will be of them as long as they keep on making money off of them.  To many trends, but I doubt there´s no social manipulation behind.  The Hopkins Institut has been studyng mankind´s reactions since WWI and know how to manipulate societies of all kind.  We have been experimentaded by goverments since one can remember, and I would dare to think they just get better at it.  It´s just that sad...

Personally I don't know anything about it, but if it is a spoof, it's a spoof on a perceived cultural pecularity that you see in Japanese culture in their video games, anime, manga, social trends like so called Harajuku women and so on. It's not as if you haven't seen Japanese video games based on mecha vehicles and combat with neotonus looking female characters in the cockpits or providing information and feeding intelligence briefings to the gamers while at the same time being flirtatious; therefore, it doesn't matter so much if it is a spoof as if it isn't accurate of what's going on, it's still a reflection of things that do go on.

This is getting off off topic from the General Forum anyway, probably should be moved elsewhere.