Midweek Madness Head 2 Head 24/08/16

Asid

Thanks to everyone who came. I died rather early, killed by a T-72 while I had my head high in branches. Low silhouette of the tank gave him a painfully obvious advantage in these conditions. It was a really enjoyable mission in a very difficult terrain.  Wednesdays may be difficult for me but I'll do my best to show up as often as possible. 

7-Alpha reporting !

This was my first event in the steelbeast community. While a seasoned multiple sim player (DCS, Dangerous waters, CMANO, combat missions...) , i haven't put much time in steelbeast as i steadily waited for version 4.  Version 4 was released and wait... oh... a MP game on wednesday. Let's be crazy !

7-1 was a motorized infantry platoon. I had 3 unimog packed with angry danish soldiers. A fourth one was around but i did not kept track of what the other player did with it.

Initial plan was to drive a road east of the town, then dismount and open the road thru a little open valley.  So after a bluescreen of death, i started up my collumn. I wasn't the fastest guy around tho. The mechanized plt ahead of me wasn't much appreciated by the russian, whose triggered an heavy artillery barrage thru the forest. Unfortunately, that landed around my collumn. I broke the formation and scattered the truck. Artillery stopped. I pushed forward to make the link. Take another artillery barrage. 500m behing the mechanized plt, unorganized and Under fire, I dismounted and had my guys take cover in a little bunch of houses.   In the frontline, Mechanized platoon was already taking a heavy toll from ambushed russians. 

Short way in is an open field.  Long way in is forest cover. When you're a rookie, just call the CO.  And CO asked the ASAP way. Seems legit, we are already late on the plan. Ok let's go.  

"Guys, I need you to stand up and run thru this open land. they is Nothing there, you should be ..BOOoOOOoooOOM". A single shell lands near me. A few dead body are flying. I get my guys under cover, they is some machine gun fire on me. half a dozen of body are around me.  Well.....I'm taking the long way !

In the front, a succession of radio calls about tanks, forest, artillery, death, beer.... I try to follow the situation but it's hard to figure out where are the bad guys in this forest. Damn, it was do slowpaced in the airforce in comparison ! It seems that the mechanized is having a hard time in the forest ahead of me. Some russian grizzly probably. I'm only 500m behind, but this slice of open land prevent me from helping. I rush my guys thru the forest and when i regroup by the main road, it seems that half of the platoon has meet their Creator. Tank platoon is quite silencious as well. they may be dead. I have my guy reckoning along the main road. At that point, I'm giving away my left and right flank squads to some IFV crew that already suffered damage. Duke taking the right MG platoon continued thru the road. They got in contact with a BMP, got saved by a CV9030, but then arti'ed real bad and died.
I don't recall the second guy name. (i'm terrible with name, sorry). He tried to follow initial plan and cross the valley. He was banged real hard as well. My squad was at the forest edge in observation, never saw anything. I kept going with my own squad, 3 heroic MG guys, and a medic platoon. 
At that point, it was hell. Wrecks everywhere, artillery everywhere. We sneaked thru forest and tried to make it to the town. remaining forces were making a hit on the town. Except they were mechanized, and apparently less fat and more fast than my MG guys.
We finnally reached the town, and strayed thru the artillery, ending in the green mark at the mission end :)  My guys never fired a bullet, probably shit their pant a few time, but they made it alive (and thirsty! )

Thank you everyone for this game. They is a comparable spirit that we find in flight sim community, very warm and fun. even tho tank slot were scarse, i enjoyed running around with pedestrians. I'll do better next time !  

Defence%20of%20Losevo%202_zps2hgzjleu.jpg

Defence%20of%20Losevo%202_zps2hgzjleu.jpg

Edited by Wolfakov

22 minutes ago, OlegNik said:

Hi guys, thanks for all the good game! Very nice to play against a strong opponent.

Nice to see a (growing?) RU-steelbeasts community. Hope the playable "WMR-2" and T tanks give you some boost in player numbers.

That was great AAR wolf. :)  And well... that "someone else" was me.  >.<  

I figured that on the flank, would be best to spread out a bit, that artillery would not get everyone. Also, as there was open field, I rushed down to valley towards cover of trees. But a BMP-2 was reported nearby, and I got a visual on it, being preoccupied by something. Though that its my change. Rushed little closer to get it into range of my RPG. Just when I was about to get to point it had got my troops on its eyes, and nothing was to be done anymore. I guess that those poor soldiers I commanded lay in the field in fine pieces after that burst of shrapnel from bmp-2

Comm's on the mission were what they were. Our expectations for amount of peoples participating multiplied many times.

Next time it will be much better as we will be prepared to organize teams and comms. And thus then we will get more team work.