Unable to download files from Download Section

Red2112

I can´t seem to download files from the download section.  I tried downloading two different missions from two different authors and I get the same thing.  When I hit the download button, It downloads a HTML link, which leads to the same HTML link again.  

Iam using Chrome as my explorer.

Any Ideas?

Regards

8 hours ago, thewood said:

There should be a pop up that comes up to confirm download.  I use Chrome with no issues.

Yes there is, and that pop-up when downloaded all it generates is a HTML link, which brings you to ANOTHER download page with no pop-up but with ANOTHER download button that once hit generates the same HTML link again for download.

Thanks Thewood!

I am using Chrome with no issues... perhaps you are running an extension that is causing issues?

Click on the three horizontal bars in the upper right corner of Chrome, then go to and click on settings.

On the left click on extensions.

Research and/or disable extensions (by process of elimination if you like) that may be causing an issue.

Hope this helps.

• Members
9 hours ago, Red2112 said:

Yes there is, and that pop-up when downloaded all it generates is a HTML link, which brings you to ANOTHER download page with no pop-up but with ANOTHER download button that once hit generates the same HTML link again for download.

Can you right-click the link and select "save target as..." which then doesn't bring up an HTML page but an actual file?

Ok fixed...

If I right-click and "save target as", it downloads fine. I usually don´t use this method now so I sort of forgot it.

- Yes Iam logged in when downloading.

- Yes it could be an extension. I use Free Download Manager. (The same work-around has happend in the past where you have to save target on some sites in order for the download to work).

- All fine now Sean thank you

Thank you all for you´r kind help. Back to action B|

Good care,

Red

Edited by Red2112

• 7 months later...
12 minutes ago, Gaming_Bear said:

Am having a linked problem, I download it fine, but don't think it's being saved into the correct file as its not showing up in the menu to be accessed.

Which folder and header should the zipped file be extracted into?

Thanks in advance.

Bear

It depends on the type of file you are downloading. Is it a Scenario, Map, Skin, something else entirely?

If it is a Scenario file, you need to place the contents in Documents/eSim Games/Steel Beasts/My Scenarios

Once in the menu, you need to select Offline Session. At the top under Select Mission and left of Look In is a folder selector. Click on it and choose My Scenarios.

Edited by Mirzayev

In the Offline Session there's the Select Mission & My Mission ... Which is good nothing there.

So:

1) I looked under in windows, my files/Drive X/ Steel Beasts Pro 4

There is no My scenario's folder, but this is where the likes of Camp_Hornfelt & Golan Heights 1973 Chapter 1 are held, along with Licence, manuals & Missions.

2) Created a My Scenario's folder & Moved the Unzipped Operation Scorpion Scenario's 1-4 into it.

3) Exited Steel Beasts & Restarted, but still only:

a) Classics

b) Contests

c) Multi

d) Single

2) Next I moved the new  .sce files into the same section as the Same place as the Golan Heights 1973 Chapter 1, but no dice.

Have checked for hidden files & there are no other hidden files, not sure what to try next.

57 minutes ago, Gaming_Bear said:

In the Offline Session there's the Select Mission & My Mission ... Which is good nothing there.

So:

1) I looked under in windows, my files/Drive X/ Steel Beasts Pro 4

There is no My scenario's folder, but this is where the likes of Camp_Hornfelt & Golan Heights 1973 Chapter 1 are held, along with Licence, manuals & Missions.

2) Created a My Scenario's folder & Moved the Unzipped Operation Scorpion Scenario's 1-4 into it.

3) Exited Steel Beasts & Restarted, but still only:

a) Classics

b) Contests

c) Multi

d) Single

2) Next I moved the new  .sce files into the same section as the Same place as the Golan Heights 1973 Chapter 1, but no dice.

Have checked for hidden files & there are no other hidden files, not sure what to try next.

It sounds like you are looking under your Program Files for Steel Beasts. Look inside My Documents (or Documents, depending on your OS), there is a folder in there called eSim Games, with a Steel Beasts folder inside. Inside the Steel Beasts folder is the My Scenarios folder. Place your scenarios there.

Edited by Mirzayev