Could this help attract new players to SB Pro PE

[]_--__[]KITT

52 minutes ago, DrHat said:

The irony is not lost on me ;) But in some sense I would say 'No', I advertised Kanium in a SteelBeast thread on the SteelBeast forum..that's not what I meant. I meant advertising SteelBeasts in other places - whether that is advertising of a VU or SB in general is not important.

There are a few on this forum that have been promoting SB for a number of years on other forums

I have my self in my own amateurish way have been doing so for quite awhile.

There was a Facebook page set up as well for all things SB.

Lots of guys post videos.

I Think there is general a decline in milsims sales across the board

They don't have zombies magic spells stolen cars in them but hay grand theft SB mite sell well .LoL  to each there own I suppose

Most of my family play candy Crush on there phones seemingly Facebook offer a lot of games now as well. never looked though

But trends change may be the milsim will make a return to popularity.

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
14 hours ago, ChrisWerb said:

Just an aside, but the main WoT thread on tank-net.com that racked up some staggering number of posts (3,923) hasn't had a post since 17th September. The Steel Beasts video thread is quite active! :) 

yeah instead it's now armored warfare that's grabbing all the attention.

53 minutes ago, []_--__[]KITT said:

I don't get it why SB Pro PE isn't more popular...

Steel Beasts Pro PE has a significantly more niche appeal than World of Tanks, Armored Warfare, and War Thunder. 

First, the above games have a significantly different play style than SB. They are much easier to learn, the require little thought, and you can spend an entire game never having to communicate with your teammates. For a lot of people, that is appealing, as it is quick and casual.

Steel Beasts, as you know, is quite different. It can take a good several hours to become proficient on a single vehicle, not including the tactical aspect. Games are much longer than the 10 minute rounds that many gamers are used to, there is no respawning if you make a mistake, and clear, precise communication is absolutely necessary for victory.

That is not including the price; I have friends who would love to try the game, but the price for the full version is a prohibitive factor. That being said, the Time Based Licenses are excellent for allowing a trial of the game prior to deciding if it is for them. 

The thing a lot of people dot not seem to realise about SB.

Is in reality it works out cheaper the WOT WT etc. if your in it for the long haul.

You pay once for your dongle then every two years or so for a update. most WOT and WT players I have spoken to have spent considerably more upgrading

There vehicles gold packages coins etc. then I have on SB and I have owned SB for over ten years.

At this stage I must have clocked up thousands of hour playing (and still cant shoot for shit) LoL

Its been one of my better investments for entertainment 120 euro sounds a lot but put in to perspective its not even  A night out on the town. in my country anyway.

I have never regretted it great value for money.

Edited by Marko

8 hours ago, Marko said:

Is in reality it works out cheaper the WOT WT etc. if your in it for the long haul.

This. Even with upgrades it is probably still cheaper than WoT. I never spent money on WoT but I've spent considerable money on WoWs within a year. Those free-to-play MOBAs like WoT and WoWs (ships) are robbing their paying customers for shallow simple gameplay mechanics.

• Members
16 hours ago, ChrisWerb said:

I think the key is getting SB in front of armour/defence enthusiasts rather than WoT gamers. I'm trying to figure out how to put an SB thread in the AFV section - perhaps a lead in showing the Finns using it to train the Karelia Brigade?

You mean, something like this?