Is there an upgraded version 4.0 "Chinese Farm" Operation?

dpabrams

So I looked into the Operations Directory for 4.0 and I see the Chinese Farm operation. Rather droll with the Leopard substitute for the Sho't Kal, which we now have. Is there an updated version that has the correct tanks? I cannot seem to be able to edit this operation in the mission editor, nor find a Sinai map? What am I missing?

Thanks,

Pete

Probably the post by Volcano where he mentioned that he forgot to update it and that it would probably be in the upcoming hot fix / patch (which in turn is dependent on CodeMeter releasing their updated software).

So maybe wait a little while and it may come to you.

Edited by Gibsonm

I can wait but is there a way to edit an operation? I constantly use the My Scenario directory for all the solitaire scenarios I have created, however the My Operation directory show My Operations/ 1973 Sinai but no file beyond that, that I can open to edit.

Well as an Operation is made of multiple scenarios I guess you'd need to:

1. "ungroup" the scenarios / break the Operation.

2. Edit the component scenarios

3. Rebuild the Operation using the new component scenarios.

There is a "Create / edit Operation" option in the Mission Editor and while the dialogue box opens I can't load the "grouped file" (pretty sure it doesn't have the .sce file extension).

Perhaps not fully implemented yet?

Edited by Gibsonm

I noticed with 4.0 that the operations files have been moved to the ProgramData directory. Files installed to Program Files and ProgramData are generally not intended to be monkey'd with ... but the .sce files are all there if you want to have a go at them. Maybe copy them all to your My Operations folder and tear into the copies there.

20 hours ago, dpabrams said:

So I looked into the Operations Directory for 4.0 and I see the Chinese Farm operation. Rather droll with the Leopard substitute for the Sho't Kal, which we now have.

As the IDF tanks operating in the Chinese Farm were M48A3 and M60A1, perhaps it's better to use downgraded (ballistic computer, LRF, TTS, ammunition, etc.) M60A3s instead of Centurions.

The M48A3 was the most common Israeli tank in the Egyptian front. During the initial Egyptian offensive, out of 290-300 active Israeli tanks in Sinai about 250-260 were M48A3.

The reserve forces sent to Sinai included over 300 Centurions (and 150 M60A1s), but the M48A3 was still the most common with almost 400 vehicles.

Edited by Iarmor