What ? are your Hobbys ???

HawkEye

Mine are guns, all kinds , ATVing out in the desert,fishing up on the grand mesa. Im a am aslo a astronomer with a Nextstar GPS 11 celestron telescope love the nite skys and building a small observatory for my scope in my back yard. Other hobbys are SB Pro and Silent Hunter 4 WW2 sub game, internet . And training my two blk lab's dogs, my best friends, great dogs and smart , but some times i wonder who training who ???haha. And HD TV shows history ch,mil-ch, disc ch and Fox news ch's.

Real mans hobby and Im not taliking about the guns !! and dont piss them off !!!lol

KingTiger your living my dream of building my our plane, Nice work ! when do u plan on finishing your spitfire ??

Cool bike,JanTog! seen some of those cccp side-car bikes around ! good machine !MAJ_Fubar need some watermelons?

Brewing me up a case of potato beer , Tankenator! Idaho potatos.

Real mans hobby and Im not taliking about the guns !! and dont piss them off !!!lol

KingTiger your living my dream of building my our plane, Nice work ! when do u plan on finishing your spitfire ??

Cool bike,JanTog! seen some of those cccp side-car bikes around ! good machine !MAJ_Fubar need some watermelons?

Brewing me up a case of potato beer , Tankenator! Idaho potatos.

Dude, last time I built a plane was 10 years ago and it was 1:72 plastic...

its flyboy who builds it :D

I just envy him!

Nice restoration project. I worked at the Yorkshire Air Museum many years ago and saw the Halifax Restoration. It is, as you're no doubt aware, painstaking work, with lots of little problems to overcome. Daft things like shaping Perspex and sheet aluminium (none of the original tools or jigs are in existence) are immensely difficult. Also, other museums are not necessarily helpful in the case of procuring parts.

The YAM Halifax was a composite restoration, most parts were sourced from all over the place (the oldest was a large fuse section that was being used as a chicken coop), the turrets are all genuine, and the wings came from a Hastings. It was pretty fascinating seeing it all together.

However, the most interesting thing for me was a full scale scratch-built ME-109G. The builder was a tanker (Normandy vet) and what he achieved was just amazing - I'd never seen anything like it:

http://www.yorkshireairmuseum.co.uk/collections/aircraft/wwII_aircraft_info.asp?id=4

The cockpit is fully kitted out; all hand made stuff.

Besides developing my Steel Beast skills....

I'm a Civil War reenactor of some 33 years, most of it with the 1st Maine Cavalry.

I dabble in astronomy with a 10" diameter Meade telescope.

I'm working on a 1:36th scale radio-controlled model of the 1854 Sloop-of-War USS Constellation which is 62" on deck and will be 8 feet long overall. (I'm gettin' old, I need a model I can see!)

I spent my teens and twenties working on sailing ships. "Tall Ships," reconstructions, sail-training vessels, yacht deliveries, etc. I have a 16 foot sailboat I had since 1978.

"Milsim Paintball" Like reenacting but with welts. :)

Wargaming. A high school buddy introduced me to wargaming and reenacting - I've been doing both ever since. I currently have some 70 games mostly covering Napoleonics, Civil War, and WWII, with a bit of RevWar, Sci-Fi, and other stuff tossed in. I also play a game called Diplomacy online, currently GMing two variants of my own design at Diplomactic Corp.

I like making things, usually manifesting itself in the form of home improvements, wood-working, cabinetry, models, boats, paintball guns, Diplomacy variants, etc.

...and, of course, I spent a lot of time on the computer. Usually managing web sites, reading forums, playing Red Baron 3D, and trying get get good enough at SB to not get knocked out in the first 30 second after contact. :)

My Site