Scenario do not open in 4.0 (demolition Guard) [FIXED]

Kingtiger

From debuglog:

[15:45:09,709] ERROR: Invalid formation size 'Size: 4; 0x1520125, 0x15201f8, 0x1520134, 0x1520134, '!
[15:45:09,711] ERROR: CGame::ReadScenarioFromFile failed
[15:45:09,711] ERROR: Error setting up new game!

[15:45:09,814] INFO : Error loading the scenario!

1 hour ago, DarkAngel said:

Does the scenario work in 3.028?

Yes. Runs in 3.028, but crashes in 4.0 and 4.004.

Been down that road already (multiple PMs, etc.)

Changed M113 type, attached logs, etc.

PM Traffic:

KT,

Seems to be broken.

In 3.028 you have a ter file "the demolition guard".

Even if I extract it, the file wont open in 4.000.

Is there a real terrain map or did you create some custom thing?

Regards,

Mark

Oboy, bad news... I will take a look :/

So do you still have 3.028 on a computer? because Fincastle have modified ALLOT of the scenario so fixing that to what it was and have it working in 4.0 is gonna be a mess.

So if you still have 3.028 running I would very much appreciate if you could adjust all the M113 to a standard M113 that is available in 4.0 and 3.028 (m113G3?). 

My theory now is that as I have M113 with MG3 which has been removed in 4.0 the changover is not working properly (the release notes for 4.0 says legacy scenarios will update automaticly to 0.50 cal in stead of MG3).

I am heading out on a fieldex so will be gone for a while now though, but if you could update and send me the updated one that would be wonderful.

/KT

Ah OK.

Yes I have 3.028.

I'll try swapping them over - if it works I'll send you a copy.

Was going to swap the CR2s for Chieftains but then the Chieftain isn't playable - maybe Shot blah as "Centurions"?

Yep got a couple of versions. :)

Anyway tried changing from M113A2 to M113 G3 DK (common to 3.028 and 4.000)

Changed both the playable Blue and scripted Blue.

1. Changes all the related infantry back to default - no more RBS70, etc.

2. Does not fix the issue.

Sorry.

Edited by Gibsonm
found link

• Members

The problem is that there are a number of multi-vehicle units composed of vehicles that are not supposed to be in multi-vehicle units, which the scenario loading code cannot handle (yet). In the scenario in the first post this would be a unit composed of a VW Passat, a Toyota and two UAZ trucks (and possibly others since the loading was aborted after encountering the first such unit). So the (annoying, I know) short-term fix (until the next update comes around) would be to go back to 3.028 and either split up these units into single-vehicle formations or change their type.

'Dangerous' unit types where this problem will manifest itself are all civilian vehicles (cars, trucks, motorbikes - you might remember that back then you were only allowed to create single-unit formations (but with the 'set unit type' it was possible to circumvent that)) and ambulance vehicles - basically everything where the 'maximum formation size' (in the 'new unit' dialog in the mission editor) was set to 1. I'm pretty sure this is a vehicle-only problem.

SITREP:

Was able to open in 3.028.

Disaggregated the civilian vehicle units. Was able to aggregate the mini bus vehicles back into their two vehicle packets. This broke the scripting for most civilian vehicular units. Only the lead vehicle retains its route at present. I didn't copy the routes to all as it would just generate traffic jams. Will let KT apply controls to sort this out. :)

4.004 Enhancements:

1. Added map shading (seems to be popular)

2. Added the Overhead view

3. Put concertina wire on the ENG M113s.

4. Made the ENG M113 passenger's Engineer teams. Have not tested this to see if it affects the conditions for blowing the bridge.

Demolition Guard.zip

KT,

Given Volcano's last couple of posts maybe it doesn't need work?

The rough "fix" I applied is fine for what I need and if the next patch (planned for sometime this month according to Ssnake) fixes it, there probably is little point in reworking straight away if the patch will make the current version run properly anyway.

Thanks for posting thids issue.

I Am experiencing a similar problem on some of my missions. While in Mission editor I cant enter view mode from map. Mission will not test. Nor load in offline mode.

was trying to update an older version mission to 4.04.

Have not found the consistent variable that causes this issue as of yet.

I think the problem described above. Wanted to report it though.

{PROBLEM SOLVED}  program was trying to search for TrackIR which was not plugged in. In steel beast control. Set TrackIR to none.

Edited by ChanceBS

14 hours ago, Gibsonm said:

KT,

Given Volcano's last couple of posts maybe it doesn't need work?

The rough "fix" I applied is fine for what I need and if the next patch (planned for sometime this month according to Ssnake) fixes it, there probably is little point in reworking straight away if the patch will make the current version run properly anyway.

Agreed, lets just wait untill next patch. No point in trying to fix something that will be fixed soon enough. But thank you for all the help you have provided, much appreciated (you know how long that scenario took me to create :) ).

/KT 

KT, ran the 4.004 version tonight.

Good Points

- It ran. :)

- Changing the Engineer passengers didn't break the conditions for the bridge being ready to blow.

- Rain was nice.

Bad Points

- Mission ended properly but no scores allocated

- The FV432 proxies (M113s) now have US Cam patterns

- Soviet Helos seemed to fly very high

Thanks for posting thids issue.

I Am experiencing a similar problem on some of my missions. While in Mission editor I cant enter view mode from map. Mission will not test. Nor load in offline mode.

was trying to update an older version mission to 4.04.

Have not found the consistent variable that causes this issue as of yet.

I think the problem described above. Wanted to report it though.

{PROBLEM SOLVED}  program was trying to search for TrackIR which was not plugged in. In steel beast control. Set TrackIR to none.

Edited just now by ChanceBS