create own radio transmissions

Kingtiger

So, now with the wav file function on events in mission editor the obvious idea of giving intel on voice instead of text comes.

But I have no clue how to make a recorded voice become a radio transmission voice with the metallic voice and screeking sounds in the begining and end.

So... Help? (not like google gave me something I understood...) 

/KT

Wild arse guess here.

Teamspeak comes with a "military" sound pack (gives you squelch, etc.)

Maybe use Teamspeak to send the traffic and record the messages that way.

You may need someone to send the messages to you so you can record receiving them with the squelch, etc.

Then you just need to figure out which language you want to make the recordings in. :)

Edited by Gibsonm
Corrected the name of the add in / soundpack

• Members

Who wouldn't. love. to be. sent. to. certain doom. by our. new robotic. overlords. question. mark. Line break. Smiley. wink.

I just loved repairing the Sherriff robot in Fallout New Vegas, and his rousing speech to "Citizens of Error: File not found! I am here to protect you from Error: File not found!"

I suggest using Goldwave for Audio editing, easy, user friendly and capable. As for radio transmissions I'd suggest first doing the audio recording first. Then get get hold of some samples first: radio squelch/beep, background static. (just hit google, plenty of free audio libraries out there) then cut radio squelch into the right place, mix static with the speech, leave pauses etc.

So Ssnake what do you mean by Hungarian works best? 

• Members

It's the secret language that pretty much nobody outside of Hungaria understands. Which would put everybody (except you) on an equal footing, as far as audio briefings and localization is concerned (because there is none). There are probably more people from Korea or Japan who ever ordered a copy of SB Pro than from Hungaria. ;)

12 hours ago, Ssnake said:

It's the secret language that pretty much nobody outside of Hungaria understands. Which would put everybody (except you) on an equal footing, as far as audio briefings and localization is concerned (because there is none). There are probably more people from Korea or Japan who ever ordered a copy of SB Pro than from Hungaria. ;)

I know of two guys over here, and one of them has the gift copy I received a while from you guys. But hey I'm trying to spread the word - believe me everyone here on the office floor knows about Steel Beasts... especially when somebody mentions WoT or War Thunder, I usually feel an educational urge to step in and set things right :D

I'd love to do a Hungarian voice localization for SB sometime in the future, and I know a couple of die-hard T72 ex-tankers who would be interested.

• 2 weeks later...

I have been using Audacity (free) to record and it has a filter that makes it semi radio sounding. You can find tutorials on youtube to see how to do this.

I do like the comparison feature that they added to the mission builder, since it allows you to tell how loud your imported wav file is as compared to the standard "we are at a checkpoint" wav. I found out mine were to low in volume and needed some DB added.

And it looks like I will be enlisting the voice acting skills of my fellow office workers to get some different sounding units verses everyone in the scenario sounding like my cloned army.