Crash loading an "in-progress save" scenario [FIXED]

samtheeagle

Whilst playing about with the "Counter Stroke at Hunfeld" offline mission, I was interrupted, and opted to go for an in-progress save. When I came to try and resume my game from that point I suffered a crash to desktop. I have tried several times now with the same result. The scenario loads up no problem, but as soon as I click to start the action phase it blows up on me. The debug log file for the most recent session is always zero bytes, and so doesn't offer any insight I'm afraid. I'm running 4.004.

This isn't really an issue for me, like I said I was just tooling about, but if this is more general problem that others might encounter I thought that it was worth flagging it up. The save game scenario is attached - just don't look at my shambles of a partial plan :) 

Guy_1.7z

• Members

Breaching ops are definitely at the upper end of tactical task complexity in SB Pro, particularly for a single player. Things going mildly wrong are probably the norm for that constellation. In any case, from what you describe you don't seem to be making gross errors. It probably boils down more to a question of fine tuning and, possibly, working around the one or other quirk in the behavior of computer-controlled units in SB Pro.

A possible simplification would be to just send a MICLIC first and then a Wisent AEV; the Wisent with plow will proof and mark the lane in a single pass. That said, sending an M113/Eng on a breach route through an already cleared lane should definitely make it place the flags to mark the lane. If it doesn't, it'd be a bug. Let us know.