Small Arms Sound Mod

Apocalypse 31

4 hours ago, Kingtiger said:

Excellent mod Apoc! 
only weird thing I noticed is that the MG3 in external has that raaap raaap raap sound as it should, but when you crew it you get the slow "pap pap pap pap" sound?
I assume it has something to do with generic MG sounds? 

Sounds like a rate of fire issue - in which I have no control over. 

I really like the small arms sounds, makes me feel like I'm on the range, thanks for uploading.

I couldn't find a separate thread for your realistic explosions mod so figured I would mention it here. I really love the explosions in "x_ArtyHeSplash" and "x_ArtyNearHeSplash" files, they give a nice echo that gives depth and a feeling of distance.

The question I have is how does the sim look at the numbers at the end of the names? ie, "x_ArtyNearHeSplash0,1,2,3" etc. Does it just mix them up or do they have relation to distance from the source? Sometimes the audio is a bit too strong for the relative distance, but overall it's a great effect.

20 minutes ago, Monkie said:

I really like the small arms sounds, makes me feel like I'm on the range, thanks for uploading.

I couldn't find a separate thread for your realistic explosions mod so figured I would mention it here. I really love the explosions in "x_ArtyHeSplash" and "x_ArtyNearHeSplash" files, they give a nice echo that gives depth and a feeling of distance.

The question I have is how does the sim look at the numbers at the end of the names? ie, "x_ArtyNearHeSplash0,1,2,3" etc. Does it just mix them up or do they have relation to distance from the source? Sometimes the audio is a bit too strong for the relative distance, but overall it's a great effect.

Thanks for the feedback on the explosions sound mod - I didnt see many downloads on it - didnt think anyone enjoyed it. 

This is a good question for Volcano - I just assumed it was for variation in the sounds, so that not every explosion sounded the same. 

1 hour ago, Apocalypse 31 said:

...well...they are explosion sounds. 

Which is why i specified "compared to the other sounds"... everything in this game is loud!

Also, when playing scenarios for potentially hours at a time, i dont want to come away with bleeding brain/hearing loss :) . Good work with the mods though

Edited by Bond_Villian

19 minutes ago, Apocalypse 31 said:

It's not a simulation of war unless you've walked away with mild traumatic brain injury. O.o

Imagine the advertisement: "SB 5.0 is so realistic, it can give you PTSD. "

...will not make it popular though....

Edited by Grenny

• Members

People don't want realism. People want to enjoy a massacre from the comfort of their living room couch - with a cool beer in their hands. That's why full sensory virtual reality will never commercially succeed IMO. Normal people do not want to feel cold and wet and miserable just because a scenario designer decided that it would be artistically valuable to have the scene play out in sleet with gale force winds.

The small arms mod is wonderful, I just wish I had more sounds in the game/simulator with the same quality and feel. Sounds make such a huge difference, even when confined inside the turret.

I agree with some that the explosion sounds are a bit too loud, but I am sticking with them because they just sound right.

I give thumbs up on both of the mods, I'll also throw in a "Keep 'em coming!"

33 minutes ago, Nasder said:

The small arms mod is wonderful, I just wish I had more sounds in the game/simulator with the same quality and feel. Sounds make such a huge difference, even when confined inside the turret.

I agree with some that the explosion sounds are a bit too loud, but I am sticking with them because they just sound right.

I give thumbs up on both of the mods, I'll also throw in a "Keep 'em coming!"

Thanks

My next project will be autocannons for 20mm-40mm cannons. 

Hello, will try it out.

Hmm, how do I install it: just copy in "...\Documents\eSim Games\Steel Beasts\mods\sounds\FX" ?

Other question: which WAV is NATO Assault Rifles & which one is Warsaw Pact Assault Rifles ? So how can I distinghuish between the two ?

THX, K

Edited by Koen
additional question

Hi Koen,

From his download description:

Installation:

C:\Users\NAME\Documents\eSim Games\Steel Beasts\mods\sounds\FX

As I'm a bit "risk averse" I made a copy of the FX folder first.

BTW, I haven't had a chance to read you post in the "other place" yet. Sorry.

Edited by Gibsonm