Other games you play at the moment

[]_--__[]KITT

2 hours ago, Homer said:

You are from Spain and was assigned to the 16th?

Aye Sir!

You just put a BIG smile on my face :smile2:

If my memory dosent fail me my captain was "Tortilla" in the 16th.  RADML Labolla was a real good friend of mine too.  Iam sure you remeber him too.

I miss those day´s!

Good care Sir <S>

Edited by Red2112

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 9/13/2016 at 2:07 PM, Red2112 said:

You made my day Sir, thank you for the heads-up on this one :smile2:

Did not know about Command Ops 2 till now and downloading the core game right now. I see it´s a Panthers Game just like  Conquest of the Aegean which I used to play and still have the CD somewhere.

great sim.many many hours of fun .AI is awesome for the most part.

Speaking of games. Ubisoft is offering 'The Crew' for free for a few weeks (to keep on your account and to play indefinitely). 

It's worth grabbing. It's free. Imo teens would dig it. It's pretty entertaining.

Of course it's arcade so you can't be too invested in the driving.

It reminds me of the original driver game from early 2000s.

Graphics look nice.

• 3 weeks later...
14 hours ago, Bond_Villian said:

I loved Panzer Blitz and Squad Leader, have been looking for something to scratch that itch for a while, ill have to check out FCRS

If you wish so and havent already done so, check out Command Ops 2. The core engine is free...

https://store.lnlpublishing.com/

Make sure you read there sales policy regarding modules before you buy one.

Have fun!

Edited by Red2112

I recentley bought "Rogue System", a DCS type space sim simulator with alot of potential, Its still in the works but Michael Juliano (un man dev) deserves my money and support.

On Steam:

http://store.steampowered.com/app/366000/?l=spanish

Official site:

http://roguesystemsim.com/

Children of a Dead Earth is one on my next wish list. Its a space combat warfare sim with alot of real science mec behind it. No fancy graphics just pure hardcore...

Steam:

http://store.steampowered.com/app/476530/

Forum:

http://childrenofadeadearth.boards.net/

Care,

Red

Edited by Red2112

57 minutes ago, Red2112 said:

I recentley bought "Rogue System", a DCS type space sim simulator with alot of potential, Its still in the works but Michael Juliano (un man dev) deserves my money and support.

I've been watching this one for quite a while now.  Really has my interest but not enough yet to put money down.  Really waiting to see if it rounds out.  Would love to play a space sim with the type of depth they are showing here.  Keeping fingers crossed.

15 hours ago, Bond_Villian said:

I loved Panzer Blitz and Squad Leader, have been looking for something to scratch that itch for a while, ill have to check out FCRS

Ah the memories.  :)  Panzer Blitz was my first and for the most part favorite.  Man the hours I used to spend on that game with my brother and buddies.  Panzer Leader was also so very good.  I still have them down in my basement packed away for keeps sake.

2 minutes ago, enigma6584 said:

When you are ready to do some PBEM against another human, give me shout out.  I'm game to try it myself.  You will enjoy this game.

I will take you up on that! Looking at the game right now actually, I like the level of detail in the UI already- looks like some old school goodness under the hood here!  ( The menus and file browser UI are pretty average though!)

2 hours ago, enigma6584 said:

When you are ready to do some PBEM against another human, give me shout out.  I'm game to try it myself.  You will enjoy this game.

PBEM is great as you can play when you want or can.  Here´s some gameplay (once spotted started) with a buddy...

Just send me a msg if you want a go.

The UI reminds me of the old Apple/Mac OS.

I think Rogue System will turn out fine, the dev has been at it for quite some time now and seems honest and active. Let´s hope it stays that way.

Iam also playing "Order of Battle WII" which the core engine is also free and you can play the first missions of all the modules available. Just look it up on Steam or Matrix/Slitherin games, download is about 1GB I think. The modules are pay for and don´t download, they unlock once you buy them. I have the Winter War module.  The "Battle for the Bulge" (Slitherin) is also fun, fast and easy gameplay, down side is it only has three missions all on the same map I think, I havent finished it yet.

7 hours ago, Bond_Villian said:

Yep, played a lot of Wargame ALB, too much emphasis on turbo clicking and Jet/ SEED jet spamming in multiplayer,  but a good title.

Same here, to old for that LOL!

Long time DCS lover, use to be in a acrobatic team.

On 10/8/2016 at 11:30 AM, Bond_Villian said:

I will take you up on that! Looking at the game right now actually, I like the level of detail in the UI already- looks like some old school goodness under the hood here!  ( The menus and file browser UI are pretty average though!)

It is actually a pretty deep game.  It has really come to be one of my favorites.  I haven't been to the forums in a while but I believe there is a new DLC coming out soon for it where they will be adding a ton of stuff to the engine including French forces, some Warsaw Pact forces etc.  Definite purchase for me.

The package i bought includes 'Germany Reforged', and while i can see that it has a lot of depth, I have to say it has some rather annoying quirks, among them is that it runs like two legged dog for some reason. I think i will enjoy this title more as i come to understand the mechanics of the engine (not easy to do, with documentation not even covering basic things like what the different movement types mean). Finding myself frustrated by lack of control over the units, unintuitive controls (that cant be rebound at all) and inexplicably long delays between issuing orders and said orders being acted on. Probably need to trawl through the forums for tips and info on how it all works :)

On 8.9.2016 at 5:33 AM, []_--__[]KITT said:

Come on I know most people who play games don't play just one or two. What other games have you been playing?

Lately, I have been playing: Assetto Corsa and World of Warships (at the moment, it's the only kind to satisfy my itch of playing warships).

I do not want to settle for a cheap wheel so at the moment I'm playing all racing games with a keyboard :). It's not bad actually. I may never need to buy a G27/G29 wheel. Those cost a 43 inch TV here (500.00 USD) which is ridiculous.

I am a very active Assetto Corsa user and Raceroom user myself, and believe me - if you have not felt Assetto Corsa's physics and FFB shining with a FFB wheel, then you have not seen anything important yet. ;) Using a G27 myself. You cannot really appreciate a good driving simuator when using just keyboard or gamepad. It simply is not possible. You can learn to be reasonably fast, yes - but still, it is a completely different world.

Do yourself a favour - get a wheel, FFB, 900°, and some reaosnmablke pedals. Clutch pedal and manual shifter is recommended, but no must.

Must not necessarily be the hilariously expensive Fanatec stuff.

Edited by Skybird03