RC Tanks.

Marko

10 hours ago, Gibsonm said:

Its a pity that the company is now up for sale and no longer selling product - assuming you could afford it.

http://www.armortek.co.uk/

The video shows Wichita tankmans builds the guy builds them to 1/3 scale and they fire shot gun blanks.

https://www.youtube.com/user/WichitaTankman

Its a shame armortek is in difficulties I always promised my self I would get one when I retire

Edited by Marko

They just cost too damn much....

They tried a "production" 25 lb field gun. £500- ish

I think for a base line panther the asking price was £3k

You got a basic "it works!" Package

But the fast turn turrets, blank firers etc are add ons

And each one was £500+

Wish I had the spare cash.

I'd have avringa's leopard off him in an instant :-) 

Edited by Hedgehog

• 2 years later...

I recently purchased the T-90 and M1A2. The M1A2 has metal tracks and running gear. One of the front wheels had a habit of coming off and putting the metal tack back was a pain. I was going to use locktite to secure the screw holding the wheel, but ended up using elmers glue instead as I read locktite can eat away plastic unless you buy a special version, which costs 4 times more. Other than that I like both of them. The T-90 is lighter and has non steel tracks and is more zippy. I noticed on the box the T-90 came in says that General Dynamics makes the T-90!!!! I find that when racing them its better to just leave all the external stuff off. At some point I'd like to get the Challenger and Leopard. I think Heng Long made some WW2 stuff a while back, but the quality was spotty. I'm going to buy the non steel replacement tracks for the M1 and see how they perform.

I also have a small air force of drones and helos.

IMG_2118.JPG

IMG_1776.JPG

IMG_1805.JPG

IMG_1759.JPG