Possibility on new localization?

Nercon

Just now, Ssnake said:

There's actually a section in the user's manual about it (page 17/18).

I'm awared of that, however, native SB doesn't support characters outside European languages such as Chinese, Korean, Japanese etc. since they are not in the database.

I would like to know if there's anyway to inject a new font sheet for the software. :D

• Members

Well.

You'd need to activate the settings for non-unicode applications in Windows (that's how, for example, the Russian localization is done with the Cyrillic alphabet). As much as I'd love to switch over to unicode, it apparently is one hell of an effort to do.

Then you'd replace the text strings in the PStrings file with whatever looks right to you in the Windows plain text editor. Characters that are part of the "Arial" font family should be displayed by Steel Beasts all right.

If you need more detailed instructions, please email me.

37 minutes ago, Ssnake said:

Well.

You'd need to activate the settings for non-unicode applications in Windows (that's how, for example, the Russian localization is done with the Cyrillic alphabet). As much as I'd love to switch over to unicode, it apparently is one hell of an effort to do.

Then you'd replace the text strings in the PStrings file with whatever looks right to you in the Windows plain text editor. Characters that are part of the "Arial" font family should be displayed by Steel Beasts all right.

If you need more detailed instructions, please email me.

Email sent, eager for your further instructions. :D

16 minutes ago, Gibsonm said:

Can I suggest you edit your post and replace "@" with "at"?

I'm sure Ssnake can make the translation.

Your current post is exposing you to possible spam issues, as applications can harvest that email address from the post (this is not a fault with the SB web site software).

Edited, thanks for the advice