SB Pro PE High rez Upgrade

fidelthefallguy

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay, tried your BETA and promptly removed it. I like the grass and some other elements but I find the colors overall to be too rich for my taste, I prefer a more subtle palette. I'll keep an eye out for how this develops.

Bil

I'm with Maxman on this one, but I set up my puter to be able to run both versions. If you have multiple drives on your machine this is a fairly simple process. Copy your SB folder and place it in another drive under program files. If you don't have a program files on your other drive just create one. Copy the executable and store in a temp folder while you rename it to SB Pro PE HiRez and place it on your desktop along with the default executable. Right click the exec file and go to properties and set the Target and Start In values to the drive where you put your copy of SB. Now apply Fidels mods to this version and Voila when you click on this executable it will run this version or click on the default icon and it will run the stock version.

Fidel, I used the stock theme of course.

Look, if you are going to replace graphic files you have to be prepared for this, not everybody is going to want to apply your theme to every scenario they play. It would be better if instead of replacing the stock graphic files (thereby forcing people to use your graphics) you created new ones with unique names that work specifically with your theme... I did this recently when playing around with some NTC graphics and the custom theme worked great and kept the stock textures intact.

Bil

I don't know what makes you think I'm trying to force anything on anyone. its up to you if you want to use it or not. If you look through the download for this mod you will see that it includes 1 textures that replace some of the stock textures used by stock themes, 2 a set of new textures for use with the new theme included. 3 a small sce file which uses the also included terrain and hight files. My reason for including new textures and themes was to enable more choice for map and mission designers. and the point you seem to be making about which way to implement this mod goes back to the discussion I had with Ssnake earlier in this thread.

I didn't mean to insult you Fidel... sorry if that is the impression you got. You are on a good track and I'm certain I'll use some of your textures.. the only problem I have is that you are replacing some of the files... which of course forces the user (if he chooses to download your set) to use your graphics (those that replace original files) for all themes, whether they actually fit the overall color scheme and color balance of the original graphic files (that are not replaced) or not.

I would prefer that all new graphics have unique names and unique themes so this is not an issue.

Bil

Ok, you can do this, sorry I guess I should have included this in the read me, but if you do not want to replace the stock textures, the model textures or other common files but only wish to install theme and map only do this...

1 backup your game

2 install the mod

3 overwrite your game with the backup you just made

This will over write the replaced stock textures with the originals, but leave all hr- textures and theme in place.

hope that helps.

Finally somebody starting to play around the explosion textures/animations! It was about time - looks very good to me. Are these new explosion effects available to download already?

Keep up the good work Fidel, I think this one is going to a be a great mod!

Good stuff! Explosions look good, especially the first movie clip. Really smooth smoke and it is a must have.

:luxhello:

I don't know how the real Heat impacts thing looks, but I hope this doesn't turn effects into a downright Hollywood style mod. Show some restraint plz :biggrin: