Regarding the CV9035dk/NL

DK-DDAM

hey all seems like its been a vehicle, greatly under appreciated, mainly cause of its slow loading time :P and ammo count sry volcano and dejawolf. we cant change the mags still.. but if anyone have any questions on usage, firing modes or any other stuff regarding these 2 types of vehicles, ill put my self up to help out the best i can..

i will later come with some pictures in this on different firing modes. graphically used obviously. so it doesnt look too bad. hope it will help out those who have questions regarding this amazing vehicle. although not a tank it is very usefull.

Would like to hear if this would be out of interest to anyone in the SB community?

best regards

Deekay

Edited by DK-DDAM

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

12 hours ago, Major duck said:

About time Deekay so go go

I think the CV90/35 is a powerful, effective vehicle, but ... it is approaching DCS complexity (lots of button combos to remember) :)

I would appreciate any help with mastering the different FCS modes/ammo.

Note to designers of future FCS - just one button is needed - "DESTROY!" ;)

4 hours ago, Maj.Hans said:

What do you mean change the mags?  The worst feature of the CV90/35 is that it doesn't hold any ammunition, and it takes three days to reload the main gun...

Does the real vehicle have a way to load faster?

no it was a little thing me dejawolf and volcano were talking about regarding it.. although if you do reload the mags before you got 21 rounds left in the magazine, it should go faster as the end of the belt is easier to reach. at least what ive seen in SB, and known from real life aswell. the reason why it takes long to reload this vehicle is that when you get to that point, the infantry in the back usually are the ones doing the reloading for us, if they are there obviously. otherwise it is the drivers job to crawl under the turret to go to the back to start feeding and attach the ammunition with each other in their 7  linked connections. but this is also one of the reasons why the work between the vehicles are so useful so we dont waste all the ammunition on 1 vehicle at one time.

and yeah seen ssnake.

Edited by DK-DDAM

that part of it im not too sure about since i came in about a year after they were phased in. but i think they ended up thinking that with the munition types we have and with the tasks we do internationally it outweigh the other issues. cause at the time they were phased in we we're heavily engaged in afghanistan, and since we only had 3 active leopard 2 tanks running operational with 1 in reserve, they were heavily pulled upon by the battlegroups. not just the danish but also to support both american and british forces there, and since the deployment of the cv9035s we could have the same usage of the ifvs + the infantry on the ground, to operate along with our vehicles parked as overwatch, during patrols.

well, the KETF ammunition has some impressive properties for it's cost and caliber,  but if you look at the reload times, the CV9035 has a lower sustained rate of fire than even a main battle tank. 

and certainly a lower rate of fire than the CV9040, which has a superior HE-frag round.

the keft round is very leathal. we had a coorperation with the dutch army on testing the ABM rounds, so the dutch army had a wrecked leopard 2 that we tested the munition on, and it dented/damaged the barrel enough to make it less usable or able to disable the main gun. along with all the vision blocks, GPS, commanders sights, but as a test against small vehicles or infantry and buildings. its just as leathal. and know taliban didnt like that abm round at least..

Edited by DK-DDAM

3 hours ago, DK-DDAM said:

no it was a little thing me dejawolf and volcano were talking about regarding it.. although if you do reload the mags before you got 21 rounds left in the magazine, it should go faster as the end of the belt is easier to reach. at least what ive seen in SB, and known from real life aswell. the reason why it takes long to reload this vehicle is that when you get to that point, the infantry in the back usually are the ones doing the reloading for us, if they are there obviously. otherwise it is the drivers job to crawl under the turret to go to the back to start feeding and attach the ammunition with each other in their 7  linked connections. but this is also one of the reasons why the work between the vehicles are so useful so we dont waste all the ammunition on 1 vehicle at one time.

and yeah seen ssnake.

Such a vital point many forget I think. Including myself...

1 hour ago, DK-DDAM said:

the keft round is very leathal. we had a coorperation with the dutch army on testing the ABM rounds, so the dutch army had a wrecked leopard 2 that we tested the munition on, and it dented/damaged the barrel enough to make it less usable or able to disable the main gun. along with all the vision blocks, GPS, commanders sights, but as a test against small vehicles or infantry and buildings. its just as leathal. and know taliban didnt like that abm round at least..

Was it the ABM or KETF round that disabled the optics on the Leopard or are these in fact the same round now? The reason I ask is a previous post of yours seems to imply it was the KETF (assuming it was the same Leopard), so I'm slightly confused.

Edited by ChrisWerb

thats where the wide - firemode is most effective... when observing infantry in the open walking on extended line..  always aim for the center mass of the group before lasing. and keep your sight reticle there.. and then hold the trigger in till the 5 rounds have left the barrel... then the KETF round with open up 50 meters infront of the distance lased. and spreading its tungsten pellets in a spiral form towards the infantry... which i guess when standing in the recieving end of that is terrifying as fuck.. and quite deadly

3 hours ago, Damian90 said:

This is one of concerns US Army have, and why they preffer 25mm and 30mm autocannons compared to larger callibers. They call it capability of stored potential kills vs ammunition potential.

One can argue that 30mm can be considered as sweet spot over larger callibers.

There is another issue here in that the tungsten pellets from the 30mm aren't as effective as in the the 35mm because they only weigh half of the other , the german puma diddent show the same results as the cv9035 did in tests according to Grenny/Ronin. I also seem to remember that there are more tungsten pellets in the 35mm. 
I think this have been discussed in another thread in here previous.

13 minutes ago, DK-DDAM said:

we also have HEI ammo type.. which was what our mags down south for COIN operations usually was, so had one mag with KETF and one with HEI

That is interesting, similiar concept is right now in Poland to modify 30mm Mk44 to have 3 belts, one for APFSDS, one for HE/HEI and one for ABM.

There is another issue here in that the tungsten pellets from the 30mm aren't as effective as in the the 35mm because they only weigh half of the other , the german puma diddent show the same results as the cv9035 did in tests according to Grenny/Ronin. I also seem to remember that there are more tungsten pellets in the 35mm. 
I think this have been discussed in another thread in here previous.

Well, there is always something for something. Smaller calliber means more capacity (stowed potential kills), larger calliber means better efficency of a single round.