ProPE gaming habits, solitaire or one one one?

dpabrams

I am curious if there are other players like myself that do not play human opponents? I have had ProPE for years now. I have posted and done many mods so I am familiar with the community but I have never played more than just the AI. I do this by playing almost exclusively in the scenario editor/ testing mode.

I mostly part play on maps that I have edited, theme and all. I set up my scenarios mostly in the Golan Heights, Germany and Korea. Because of all the great additions most of my scenarios can be played both ways. I enjoy playing this way but at some point I have to join the RW. I wonder if there are also guys that just play each other?

I would like to find someone in or close to US mountain time to possibly play against one on one. Please PM me if interested.

Pete

I used to play online a lot but don't have time for it anymore.  Heck, hardly have time now to play single player.  But I have a folder that I put all the scenarios I play in it as I change them to have a cav squadron in it and take off time limits since I hate time limits and like to be deliberate.  I have the original scenerios still so if I do play online I have them.

15 minutes ago, dpabrams said:

I am curious if there are other players like myself that do not play human opponents? I have had ProPE for years now. I have posted and done many mods so I am familiar with the community but I have never played more than just the AI. I do this by playing almost exclusively in the scenario editor/ testing mode.

I mostly part play on maps that I have edited, theme and all. I set up my scenarios mostly in the Golan Heights, Germany and Korea. Because of all the great additions most of my scenarios can be played both ways. I enjoy playing this way but at some point I have to join the RW. I wonder if there are also guys that just play each other?

I would like to find someone in or close to US mountain time to possibly play against one on one. Please PM me if interested.

Pete

I would be interested. I'm on Eastern Time, so I'm sure we could work something out. 

Mirzayev and I have every intention of starting a one on one session. I have went through the newbie starter kit and need to install team speak and maybe get a head set, although I wonder if mic on my logitech camera will work for now. It takes me no time to whip up a platoon or company engagement.

53 minutes ago, dpabrams said:

Mirzayev and I have every intention of starting a one on one session. I have went through the newbie starter kit and need to install team speak and maybe get a head set, although I wonder if mic on my logitech camera will work for now. It takes me no time to whip up a platoon or company engagement.

one on one can be fun, i've done it.  

You need to talk to people and find like minded people who are interested; in doing one on one with you on a type of scenario you both like. 

9 minutes ago, Marko said:

You don't need a dedicated server anybody can host a game using there own home internet connection

All you need is the IP address of the guy hosting.

Awesome! :)

Just reading the Wiki for the CV9035DK. I didn't understand this part (in particular the bit I put in bold):

Similar to the Pizarro, the CV 90/35 DK features an "end-of-belt" stop to avoid firing too many rounds, greatly increasing the required time for subsequent reloading. This stop kicks in when 21 rounds are left. To override, press the button map to the (by default unassigned) 'override end-of-belt stop' command.

I'm probably a bit thick, but how do you map a command to a key if it doesn't already have a key assigned (i.e. you are making one key substitute for another)?

Edited by ChrisWerb

• Members
3 hours ago, ChrisWerb said:

Just reading the Wiki for the CV9035DK. I didn't understand this part (in particular the bit I put in bold):

I'm probably a bit thick, but how do you map a command to a key if it doesn't already have a key assigned (i.e. you are making one key substitute for another)?

You will find in the Controls dialog (Alt+C) the category for CV90/35 specific commands (if you apply the filter in the drop-down menu on the upper right). You would then notice that some commands simply have no hotkey assigned. Click on them and you're prompted to press one. At that point you're committed.

I prefer H2H encounters with two teams, even small ones. I only play SP when I need to test something or for training with some new equipment but I find it "boring". 

When fighting against humans you have to expect creative enemy tactics and smart enemy maneuvering based on your own maneuvering.

As a matter of fact 85% of my SB time is MP, mostly with players od the 3REG Tizona and the other 15% is just for training, testing and scenario edition.

One of the great things of this sim is that it can please very well players seeking SP action as well as players more interested in MP.

I too usually play single player mostly due to the fact that most weekends I am not available for online play but winter months are better for availability.  I tend to create missions where I play against the AI and handle large company plus units against even or larger AI force.  Thus why the missions I make are the way they are.  I like playing as commander (company plus) and very rarely step in as gunner of lone tank. If you are looking for someone to handle a company plus against you online, let me know.  I'd be interested.

Im playing this series since 2001 and im yet to try my first online or Multiplayer session :)

List of reasons is long ( no internet , then no time, then being on wrong side of planet etc..)

But i really enjoy the simulation and im having a blast every time i see  some small detail i havent noticed before.

Edited by BigBadVuk