Security/Scenario Download

Tango29

Hi, All,

So I just got my computer back from a second recheck of the system. I'd been having problems downloading scenarios for the Friday night games, among other thingies.

It seems as if the various security features in the computer were falling over themselves trying to keep me safe. So I arranged a test: I switched off the Windows Firewall, disabled the Security Centre, and switched off the security systems at the website of my internet provider. That left my Norton Antivirus as a safeguard. I then tried to connect with Tacbat as a host, and have him send me a small scenario. Grace a Dieu, the connection was made and the scenario arrived in the blink of an eye. I then accessed an M1, and all was right with the world!

Has this apparent overabundance of security measures, to the point of disallowing scenarios or other SB traffic, been experienced by anyone else? If so, this may be the solution to the problem.

So far, so good. It appears that I should have no problem tomorrow night. THAT will be the acid test!