Will this game have a sale anytime soon for the full license?

Chaosduck7

Well there's always the time limited options.

The only "sales" I know of are:

1. The routine discount prior to an upgrade so that purchase + upgrade = usual price, and

2. Long ago a sale on supplemental licenses.

But apart from that its been a 16yr+ wait if you want some sort of "40% off for the next week" event.

Edited by Gibsonm

• Members

We reduce the price two to three months before an anticipated new release, by the amount of the license upgrade price. Since version 4.0 was released this August, and since we usually release new versions every 18 +/-6 months, a significant discount is unlikely before end of 2017/early 2018.

What can I say. SB Pro is a highly specialized software developed for a small market. That limits our options as far as prices are concerned if we don't want to lose money with the Personal Edition. I'm not even talking about substantial profits here.

My advice to you is to buy the one month time based license and give it a test try.  Only you will be able to see if the 125 dollar price tag is justified.  We can only give our opinion.  But I think it is well worth the price.

If you do not like it, no harm no foul, you do not have to purchase it. either way, it is best for you to try it yourself.  The community here, including the developers, is the best I have ever seen as far as online communities go and support for the game.

• 3 years later...
14 minutes ago, 3xLeo said:

(Sorry for the thread necro) I want to upgrade my Steel Beasts Pro PE from v3.028 to the latest version and just wanted to check before I buy there's no upcoming sale (Christmas?) or discounts planned soon, or is there?

To the best of my knowledge to only "discounts" have been for:

a. The full version and

b. Limited to just prior to a new release coming out so that effectively: discounted old version + upgrade = same price as new version.

The upgrade price (which is what you'd be paying) has never been discounted, as I recall, in the last 15 years or so.

Edited by Gibsonm

^^Thanks Gibs I expected it, just thought it wouldn't hurt to check, just in case (knowing my luck lol).. been a year or so since I played and I don't think I ever got any news or notifications? Anyway, finally buying that upgrade soon, cheers.

On 12/10/2019 at 10:26 AM, Bond_Villian said:

There has been some nice improvements lately, a good time to upgrade i reckon :)

I'm not sure what the OP's level of interest in the area SB covers is, but SB has been my best value for money leisure purchase of all time. Besides the Harpoon/CMANO/CMO series, there is nothing out there with the level of depth and endless capacity to reconfigure and get new play value out of all the time. I'd also characterise some of the recent improvements as "fantastic" rather than "nice" :)

Edited by ChrisWerb