Frozen install Running setup

dpabrams

• Administrators

OK thanks.  In general, always let programs install into the default location.  Many developers (M$) do not test or QA other locations.  I've learned this the hard way over the years.  I even ran into something that would not install correctly if I copied the install files themselves into a directory that had spaces in it and tried to install from there.

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/15/2016 at 7:58 AM, Ssnake said:

Since SB Pro PE 4.0 is a 64 bit application it shouldn't go into the (X86) program files directory.

Checking the manual it says, "For 64-bit Windows 7 a typical path is C:\Program Files (x86)\eSim Games\SB Pro." under Program Files page 17. A bit of a contradiction. So I did the install per the manual and all is great. I only found this today as I am writing up a set of instructions for adding mods.

A bit off topic, but: when you say "the next update that will include the new terrain engine", do you mean that the next update you plan on releasing will have the new terrain and manual, or that the new manual will be included with a future update that includes the new terrain engine, but which won't necessarily be the next update from now?

Edited by Rotareneg

• Members

There will be a new PATCH soon, probably next week. That won't come with a new manual. We're still working on it.

The next UPDATE is scheduled for the first quarter 2017, which will bring the new terrain engine. We will probably offer a bundle of manual and installation DVD for that, not the least because it will require a full installer anyway. My plan is to accept preorders (contrary to our usual habits) because if we can break a certain limit we can afford a better print quality for the DVD labels.

46 minutes ago, Ssnake said:

There will be a new PATCH soon, probably next week. That won't come with a new manual. We're still working on it. The next UPDATE is scheduled for the first quarter 2017, which will bring the new terrain engine. 

Sounds great well take it. I know you probably won't answer but will there be additional gear or updated gear?