What Tank Simulations did you play before SB

Marko

On ‎6‎/‎16‎/‎2020 at 7:21 PM, Apocalypse 31 said:

For me, it was the Brigade system that was my breaking point.

Before Brigades, each town had a garrison with an equipment set. The only way to 'over-strength' the garrison was to manually drive stuff in from rear towns. Most fights ended because either an attacker or defender lost all of its garrison equipment. The garrison ORBAT was also realistic for the number of players in the game. It was common to destroy an entire garrison of equipment. 

Then the introduction of Brigades....Brigades were stacked with equipment - too much stuff, really. And also very difficult to actually 'destroy' a Brigade. Whenever a Brigade was on the brink of destruction, the HC would swap it out with a new, fresh Brigade. Attacking a town became a difficult task, and moving the map became too sluggish. Gamey. Not fun. 

Yep, that and you had HC officers who had control over the one or two "Attack Objective" orders that were required in order to capture a town so... a squad of 60-100 players is attacking a town only to have 1 guy remove the AO so he can put it on a town he wants to attack, nope no thanks.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

SB was my first tank sim, I started off with flight sims, Jane's Fighters Anthology and WW2 Fighters were my go to sims as a kid. What brought me to SB1 was that I liked Close Combat. I saw SB1 and it clicked in my head that SB1 was "like Close Combat but in 3d and in a modern environment." Perhaps not an entirely accurate view, but it is what got me into it in the first place.