Leopard 2a5/6 Peri view

Parachuteprone

• Members

...which is a new thing that we'll try to get rid of again with the next update. Not sure about the right click thing in the original post. I don't think that you're supposed to use it, unless you remapped some commands. Designating targets would be done by arrow up.

• 3 weeks later...

Leopard 2 - Sorry, I meant in the past  in TC peri mode I could Left (Not right click) to search for targets then up arrow to designate.

Gunner would identify then p to uncouple then  space for him to fire.

Now up arrow does nothing so I cannot designate nor will my gunner find targets on his own.

I've gone into the control menu and clicked default with no effect.

I did notice that the TC Palm switch has no keyboard command and KH mode has the up arrow.

Maybe I have a scrambled install ?

3 minutes ago, 12Alfa said:

Hit the "P" key then select the "UP" arrow.

Tried that a number of times.

Move reticule to target, hit p, up arrow - nothing happens at all. Gunner just keeps swinging turret as if searching for targets on his own.

Move reticule to target hit up arrow then p - nothing happens then either.

Odd.

Thanks for the help though.

Will re-install when I get more time .

Here is the defaults control setup for Leo 2 Control handle

Dynamic lead =p - Joy 3 - MMouse

Palm switch Gunner  = blank except- Joystick 5

Toggle mag = N

KH mode =up - Joy 10 - joy hat up

Kw mode = shift+num* - Joy 7

Zu mode = down - Joy 11 - Joy hat down

Peri cancel = P - joy 3 - MMouse

TC palm switch = blank except - Joy 5

55 minutes ago, Rotareneg said:

Were you moving in a forested area? The AI gunner will turn off stabilization when the vehicle is moving around trees, which would keep the KH mode from working.

No tried it in various terrains in various scenarios, even in instant action .Tried it with 2a5 and 2a6.

No other issues other than " the gunner won't find targets on his own" issue.

That being said there was one instance where he actually did call out a target and when I told him to fire he would not.

Would be nice to fix it without re-install but I might have to bite the bullet. Was hoping I was just missing some new step.

While checking this, I noticed something that might be a bug, or might just be a quirk in how the real things work: In the 2A4 if I'm overriding the gunner using the KH mode I cannot switch to KW mode using either the hotkey (shift numpad *) or the 3D button next to the controller. I have use the peri cancel function (P key) or switch to ZU mode to slave the periscope to the gun before KW mode will activate. I suppose this might be how it's supposed to work though, I don't have a real 2A4 sitting around to check. :D

In the 2A5 you can switch to KW mode when using KH mode, but then the periscope automatically cancels and you have to aim using the TIM screen (which switches to and is locked to the GPS display.)

• Members

With a well-intended change in 4.006, it turned out that a side effect is that the computer-controlled commander will activate ZÜ mode on the peri whenever you leave the position, and it doesn't get automatically cancelled when you return (which it should). We'll correct that in a coming release, of course.