Javelin Tutorial Scenario

Toyguy

I've just uploaded a small 10 minute scenario that helps show how to use the Javelin missile teams in-game.  It should show up for downloading once it's approved.  I did this to help myself learn about some of the other systems now in SB as they've become more prevalent and important.

When playing, just follow the message prompts in the chat area as they appear.  Any problems, comments, suggestions, let me know here!

Gave it a try.  Not bad at all.  Good training for us grunts.  I would like to see a command that tells the team to set up instead of just lying down.  The older systems made them automatically set the weapon up.  I had to use "SHOOT AT THIS UNIT" command to get them started.  At least they can move a bit faster now. 

Edited by RedWardancer

Interesting.  Did you, by chance, relocate them yourself?  On my system, it works perfectly.  I hit C to get them moving on the predefined route, and once they get there, they immediately set up the system.

I did read elsewhere that they must have a tactic on the route endpoint or they won't set up.  The predefined route in the scenario does have a tactic assigned.

I've sent Toyguy a couple of PMs and have gained his permission to build on his great foundation.

The plan is to expand the scope of the scenario to make it more generic in nature, as opposed to "just" Javelin.

Once completed the player will have a one stop shop where Triggers will load a different weapon system and provide suitable briefs, all in the context of a common red picture.

E.g. something like:

Trigger 1 = Javelin

Trigger 2 = TOW

Trigger 3 = Spike

Trigger 4 = MILAN

Trigger 5 = Bill

Trigger 6 = AT-3

Trigger 7 = AT-4

Trigger 8 = Dragon

Edited by Gibsonm

• 2 months later...

Good morning and welcome to 2017! :)

I've been able to get this 95% finished (currently in Beta Test).

Basically it expands and builds on Toyguy's great work and gives you the following choices:

M47 Dragon

TOW 2A

TOW 2B

Javelin (from the original)

RBS 56 BILL

RBS 70

Spike LR

MILAN

AT-3 Sagger

AT-4 Spigot

Should be in the Downloads area first week of this year.

Edited by Gibsonm