Where are the scenarios (Win 10)?

Holman

Hi all,

I'm trying to figure out where my scenarios are stored.  I've seen the discussion of file structure in the manual, but it doesn't mention Windows 10.

I have just done a fresh reinstallation, and I have the usual scenario folders showing the game (Classics\, Contest\, etc), and they all have scenarios in them.  When I go looking for the files, right now there is nothing showing in my "C:\Users\Admin\Documents\eSim Games\Steel Beasts\My Scenarios."  It's an empty folder.  I assume this means that all the scenarios that install with the game are elsewhere.

However, when I go to "C:\Users\Admin\AppData\Local\eSim Games\Steel Beasts," there is nothing visible except a folder called "tempTex."

Here's what's strange:

Among my folders showing in the game is one called "Downloaded."  It has a number of scenarios in it, and I believe these are scenarios I downloaded from this website a few years ago (before updating to Windows 10).  Some of them are outdated, and I'd like to delete them.  However, I cannot for the life of me find them now.  Where do I look for them?  In fact where do I find any of the installed scenarios in Win 10?

Thanks for any advice.

I installed the game to "C:\Games\eSim Games\SB Pro PE," but there's no scenarios folder in there.

I just created a new folder in "C:\Users\Admin\Documents\eSim Games\Steel Beasts\My Scenarios," and in the in-game menu my new folder shows up.  However, the installed scenarios are somewhere else I can't find.

14 minutes ago, DarkAngel said:

Is your admin account your user account?

it should be C:\Users\~your username~\Documents\eSim Games\Steel Beasts\My Scenarios

the missions from the install are on the C:\Users\Application data\local  path

Right, I'm "Admin."  My computer came from the builder that way.

There is no "C:\Users\Application data," even when I show hidden items.  The AppData folder where eSim lives is here:  " C:\Users\Admin\AppData\Local\eSim Games\Steel Beasts," but there are no scenarios there.

Ah, found!  Thanks for all of the help, everyone.

I was looking in "C:\Program Files," in "C:\Program Files (x86)," in "C:\Users\Admin\AppData," and etc., but it never occurred to me to look for hidden folders at the "C:" level itself.

It turns out that all of my old installed downloads (and indeed all of the installed scenarios) are in "C:\ProgramData," just As Gibsomm indicated in his reply to my OP.  In my ignorance, my brain falsely remembered that ProgramData had become "Program Files" in Win 10, but of course that was wrong.  (For some reason I also wrongly remembered that in the past I had put downloaded scens in AppData.)  That C:\ProgramData is hidden made it hard to find.

Again, thanks to everyone for your help.  I'm sorry if I wasted anyone's time.

Edited by Holman