Any Non-Gamey MP Ops ?

ashdivay

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its unfortunate that some individuals bring their emotional bleeding heart baggage along sometimes.

Loss of human life is no joke , but its important to separate SB from emotional BS of real world.

However , GeoPolotical background info is important for a scenario like this .

Understanding , socio-economic , cultural ,religious and political cause and effect of players actions add to the scenario depth and feel. 

In the end , people can choose to take part or leave it alone based on their preference , emotions etc. 

Edited by ashdivay

13 hours ago, ashdivay said:

Its unfortunate that some individuals bring their emotional bleeding heart baggage along sometimes.

Loss of human life is no joke , but its important to separate SB from emotional BS of real world.

However , GeoPolotical background info is important for a scenario like this .

Understanding , socio-economic , cultural ,religious and political cause and effect of players actions add to the scenario depth and feel. 

In the end , people can choose to take part or leave it alone based on their preference , emotions etc. 

Please elaborate more just why do players need this information

Most MP players i know just want to blow shit up in a realistic way. the politics of why are e relevant. 

I agree with Ash on this one. If you don't like the premise, you don't have to participate. I don't see why everyone should have to suffer because of one person's feelings. Especially if that person has no investment in the event.

Having said that, I certainly understand why eSim might object to these types of missions being promoted on their site. But, that's entirely up to them. However, I think a disclaimer (along the lines of the one DOW regularly uses) is a good idea.

Hi guys

Some ideas:

Egypt/Syria/Jordan vs Israel

Cuba vs South Africa (Angola 1980's)

as an aside; we (myself and 5 other South Africans) would love to join in. We are currently training on OpFor/PACT kit. I'm browsing around the MP forums looking for H2H events for us to join in on.

On 11/11/2016 at 4:56 PM, Lt DeFault said:

I agree with Ash on this one. If you don't like the premise, you don't have to participate. I don't see why everyone should have to suffer because of one person's feelings. Especially if that person has no investment in the event.

Having said that, I certainly understand why eSim might object to these types of missions being promoted on their site. But, that's entirely up to them. However, I think a disclaimer (along the lines of the one DOW regularly uses) is a good idea.

:D

On 11/12/2016 at 3:27 AM, Dalager said:

Disclaimer is a bad idea. Why not just stand up for what you made? If people get offended, then that's their problem. Missions in steelbeast is what a mission in steelbeast is, entirely fictional and virtual. 

Again it should be completely up to Host. 

On 11/13/2016 at 3:47 PM, Ratel said:

Hi guys

Some ideas:

Egypt/Syria/Jordan vs Israel

Cuba vs South Africa (Angola 1980's)

as an aside; we (myself and 5 other South Africans) would love to join in. We are currently training on OpFor/PACT kit. I'm browsing around the MP forums looking for H2H events for us to join in on.

Yess !!! Lets make it happen. 

Maybe we can adapt it for TGIF.

On 11/13/2016 at 9:28 PM, TSe419E said:

Contact Swordsmandk or Major Duck from Kanium.  They might be interested in having people on the OPFOR side of things.

Good for Kanium for jumping on this opportunity. Again , lets have a TGIF version of this so everyone else can enjoy it.

The African conflict sounds interesting. Graviteams Steel Armor had an Angola 1987 scenario.

I have considered many alternative conflicts that could have occurred had things played out differently. Different scenarios for other people getting involved in the Russian-Georgian conflict ect...

How about a "hypothetical" scenario of UN Troops being used to disarm Americans after certain UN Resolutions are passed and agreed upon by US. A rogue state (Texas) mobilizes its militia and the National Guard equipment available in the state is used to some degree in fighting the UN Troops. Highly hypothetical but might be fun. I was going to try to make something like it in Arma 3, but keep procrastinating on it.

Dont mind me I just got a one year license today, I too am on the East coast and the MP seems a bit limited for me, too late at night for me.

• 1 month later...