M60 Assualt mission

ChanceBS

Just uploaded to site. Hope you enjoy.

M60 Assault mission. Player controls 3x M60 Platoons. Push static front back 5000+ meters.

takes place in the late 1980's versus Russian T-55,62,64, and 72's. Hannover Germany Area.

Both sides have ample ARTY to use.

Mission intended as COOP but plays well in SINGLE player. Expect 60-90 minutes to play through

Expect Epic stand off Tank Battles at longer ranges. Choosing where to establish battle positions for your platoons is key.

Poorly chosen and expect heavy losses.

There is no scripted End Mission. Players choose when to decide if mission has been completed.

SS_10_16_44.png

My thought was that the M60 units were beginning to transition to M1 tanks. CO was training with an M1 crew at the time the battle starts.

I admit I do not have knowledge of how  M60 units transitioned to M1 tanks in US.

but this is the general idea why I included the M1 tank.  I did notice in multi player. It was far easier to lead the M60 platoon formations.

Everyone could clearly see M1's position.

4 minutes ago, ChanceBS said:

My thought was that the M60 units were beginning to transition to M1 tanks. CO was training with an M1 crew at the time the battle starts.

I admit I do not have knowledge of how  M60 units transitioned to M1 tanks in US.

but this is the general idea why I included the M1 tank.  I did notice in multi player. It was far easier to lead the M60 platoon formations.

I wonder how the actual transition happens in the RW is it done one platoon at a time or a company at a time etc 

2 hours ago, ChanceBS said:

I don't claim to have encyclopedic knowledge (far from it) but having read lots of Armor Magazine articles from the era, I can't recall ever seeing evidence of mixed M60/M1 companies.  If nothing else, the vastly differing maintenance requirements of the two tanks would make this a logistical nightmare.

3 hours ago, ChanceBS said:

I thought that might be what you were aiming for.

I never experienced this and my only information comes from an article clipped from the post newspaper of 2AD(FWD) I found on Facebook.  It seems they did it at least a company at a time.  The line about tanks back on post may indicate that the whole battalion was switched out at the same period (spring 1984).

April - May 1984 C Co got M-1s.jpg

Edited by TSe419E