Messgae to our American friends from John Cleese. Important

12Alfa

It is, without a second of doubt, Patriotic (with a capitol "P") to criticize the U.S.  In fact it is a duty of your Citizenship. The 1st Amendment says so:

"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion or prohibiting the free exercise thereof, or abridging the freedom of speech or of the press, or the right of the people peaceably to assemble and to petition the government for a redress of grievances. "

You are not supposed to be mindless sheep; no matter which party is in power. You are supposed to be educated, reasoning Citizens who are involved in the process of running your Government. This involves criticism when you see something we think is wrong or unjust.

So, if you can speak, or have freedom of speech why would you criticize others for the same, is it only reserved for Americans, can you criticize other nations? (I thinks we all know that answer).

It may strike some other non-Americans as being hypocritical.

I don't have a bone with my many US friends, I often visit, and vacation there, and have served with a US unit when deployed.

I do as many have issues with your Administration regarding foreign policy, It's common around the world.

Now I know in America this is not a wildly held belief, however the rest of the planet does hold this view. I have spoken to some US citizens that also share the view.

I don't live in a perfect country, none of us do, well maybe Iceland. :)

I criticize a lot of issues, as we all should or nothing will change, just look what just happened to see how a positive change it can make.

As for posting negative post here, well I post a lot, some 1% are about the US, it may seem to some that it's a lot, but I just checked,it's not.

I will  in the future to post more positive American issues, so I don't come off as Anti-merican.

I find it some strange that posting a funny can somehow be seen as Anti-American/anti-election.Most people would I believe this to be what it was, just funny.

Had I posted a funny about the britex would I have generated such a similar responsive?

Think about that for a moment....... a bit longer.....would there be a " bad ending is more than above average. "

If your really honest I would think not.

As I said I'll curtail my posts.

• Moderators

Don't worry, there is enough criticism on both sides going on right now within the US.  Neither side is flawless.

As with everything, the world will continue to turn regardless of how good or bad one thinks the current side in power is. Every four years its the same ol' crying and whining, end-of-the-world nonsense.

25 minutes ago, Volcano said:

Don't worry, there is enough criticism on both sides going on right now within the US.  Neither side is flawless.

As with everything, the world will continue to turn regardless of how good or bad one thinks the current side in power is. Every four years its the same ol' crying and whining, end-of-the-world nonsense.

+1

Its the same in every nation.

12 minutes ago, Lt DeFault said:

I've heard Icelandic girls are hairy. :/

Thats your fact mainstream media that always report the truth they get from .......

its a nice place:)  cold sometimes but nice, listed above both our countries by some (apparently not American/Canuks)

2 hours ago, 12Alfa said:

I do as many have issues with your Administration regarding foreign policy, It's common around the world.

Now I know in America this is not a wildly held belief, however the rest of the planet does hold this view. I have spoken to some US citizens that also share the view.

The world hates us.  I know.  This is why I sometimes wish we'd stop giving away money to anyone, pull all of our overseas military back to the US, end food subsidies and etc, and then just watch everybody work it out.

58 minutes ago, Lt DeFault said:

I've heard Icelandic girls are hairy. :/

Well, you know, take the razors and trimmers away and that would be true of anybody and everybody who's reached adulthood...

I'd have a really awesome caveman beard.  But I have a razor and blades.  So I don't have a beard, because, you know, they suck and they're itchy.

42 minutes ago, 12Alfa said:

its a nice place:)  cold sometimes...

Which is why their girls need all the hair!  :P

12A,

Personally, I don't have a problem with this post although it was kinda strange it was coming from a Canadian  The only thing I found offensive was John Cleese's name being attached to it.  If you found this funny, be sure to check out the counter replies at snopes.com.

Officially, I also don't have a problem with you expressing your opinion but you need stay within the confines of the forum rules specifically no politics and no trolling.  It doesn't get more political than the US Presidential election.  I know you like to push buttons and there's one Yuge button in front of you that's blotting out the sun.  I was asking you to stop pushing the button because someone will get triggered eventually and I get to be the asshole who cleans up the mess.

You're anything but stupid.  Save those sad moose eyes for another time.

I do let you have your fun too. If you noticed I did not say anything the first time you brought it up with the moving to Canada thread.  I was glad to see the community rising to the occasion instead of rolling in the mud.  It's when you decided to go for another round, I had to say something.