SB Pro PE 4.010 Released

Sean

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Moderators

Hello all,

Ssnake is currently occupied and was not able to update the release notes with the last minute fixes that were added.

Here are the last minute bug fixes that missed the release notes...

(pardon the unpolished nature of the list)

Changes for version 4.010, PE starting from 09.11.2016 (version 4.009, PE)

Branch: Release 4.0

Bugs

• Bug #4085 - "Blue markings for cleared lanes should always appear - irrespective of minefield presence"

This is only implemented for Engineer Infantry right now on purpose, since normal infantry on a breach route does not actually do mineclearing unless in a minefield.

The cleared lane markings are only eyecandy, i.e. cleared lanes *outside* minefields will currently NOT be reckognized as "preferred ways of travel" by the AI.

Both facts above are due to the current minefield/lane design. Changing this will require a more substantial mineclearing/lane finding design overhaul.
  • Bug #4391 - "M60A3: AN/VSG-2 TTS (GPS) does not have WFOV/ low magnification in RL"
  • Bug #4713/#4714 - "Installation of updated callsign and unit templates"/"Default callsign templates and user modifications to them"

Fixed a problem where the game would not look up the default callsign templates in their correct location (which result in every party using the (us-generic) 'US' callsign template..
  • Bug #4938 - When RBS70 team dies, the lead soldier floats in the air
  • Bug #4983 - "Engineer infantry: when breaching a minefield in Network Session, lane markings will get spammed in certain situations"
  • Bug #4997 - "Ulan: hotkey collision "L" key, Stab Bereit and Auto Target Tracking"

The "Auto Target Tracking (Ulan)" got moved to the 'O' hotkey; old hotkey files will be updated automatically
  • Bug #5045 - "Infantry dismounting from PCs inheriting its movement mode"

Infantry unloading from a vehicle with 'breach' tactics will now assume 'engage' tactics if the vehicle is neither destroyed (presumably by a mine/ied) nor locate within a minefield.
  • Bug #5048 - "M113DK with RWS. When mission starts the TC is unbuttoned and inside RWS."
  • Bug #5050 - "Repair all, revive, does not work with one specific logical case (strength check)"
  • Bug #5051 - "Vehicles that have their turret "popped" will appear turretless on CLIENT side after getting revived"
  • Bug #5053 - "Leopard 1A5: When human commander looks up or down and jumps out to F8, then the entire periscope on the roof is lilted up/down"
  • Bug #5055 - "Leopard 2A5,2A6 do not have sound for commander's hatch (sound is suppressed)"

The 'tc hatch' sound will now play as long as the hatch open time is no longer than 10 seconds.

Changes for version 4.010, PE starting from 09.11.2016 (version 4.009, PE)

Branch: Release 4.0

Bugs

• Bug #5041 - "HMMWV Avenger fires missiles from the ground underneath it."

Miscellaneous

• Avenger: Replaced the SAM missile type with the correct missile (Stinger).
  • Updated the PE-default callsign template to add in the missing infantry platoon CO and platoon XO text.
  • AMX-13: Corrected the orientation of the engine exhaust frame.
  • Corrected some minor issues in the 1973 Sinai Operation scenario 1.
  • T-72B1 m.2012: Made an adjustment to allow for stored ammo to be given to it, and also assigned a full ammo loadout to it by default. Note that if the vehicle's stored ammo count is reduced to 0, then it will have increased survivabilty as it did before (less of a chance that it will explode).
  • Made some improvements to the 1973 Sinai Operation scenario 1.
  • T-72M,M1,B,BV,B1,B1V: Corrected an issue with the OPFOR texture where detail was missing on the commander's hatch.
  • Corrected the commander open/close hatch times on all Leopard 1 tanks.
  • Corrected the Leopard 2A4 commander's hatch open/close time.
  • Leopard 2E, Strv 122: Corrected the open/close time of the commander and loader's armored hatch.
  • T-72BV,B1V: Corrected an error on the roof model where you could see through some ERA tiles when viewed from the commander's unbuttoned position.
  • CV9035-NL: Removed a floating mesh from the LOD2 (bug #5056).

I run into this every time I read SB release notes...so the release notes are for 4.009, correct? 4.009 was not a public release I am assuming.  The download page says to read the overall updated release notes to see 4.009 changes.  But in the release notes, I only see 4.006 changes in blue.  The release notes state changes from 4.000 to 4.006 are in blue.  How do I pick out 4.009 changes?

• Moderators

BTW, FYI to all:

We are aware that infantry weapon team "eye" views are a little messed up in 4.010 -- they are off from their correct positions. The gun sight views are correct, only the F1 eye view, which is mostly useless, is not aligned properly.

This will certainly be fixed in the next update.  There will be more updates. ;)

24 minutes ago, Volcano said:

BTW, FYI to all:

We are aware that infantry weapon team "eye" views are a little messed up in 4.010 -- they are off from their correct positions. The gun sight views are correct, only the F1 eye view, which is mostly useless, is not aligned properly.

This will certainly be fixed in the next update.  There will be more updates. ;)

Any chance that there will be the mountable weapons feature amongst those updates (f.e. for the Pinzgauer(MG) and Marder (Milan))

7 minutes ago, Maj.Hans said:

Did we properly fix the M60A3(TTS) to prevent the loader from disabling the stab for normal main gun reloads when the vehicle is in motion yet?

I didn't see it in the release notes...And I presented plenty of evidence about that IMHO...

I guess it depends on whether it was easy to fix or not and if it were, if it made the cut off.

Perhaps the easiest way to confirm would be to see it the behaviour/issue still exists in 4.010?

29 minutes ago, lavictoireestlavie said:

I see that the Russian 125 mm KE rounds  3BM59 and 3BM60 have penetration abilities of about 810 and 710 mm respectively. How is this possible ?

...at 0 meters, which turns in to   quite modest 320-370mm(depending of penetrator material) of penetration at 2 kilometers, if target is sloped to 60 degrees- quite similar to M829A2 or DM53. And those penetrators can only fit  in to autoloaders of  post-2004 tanks, e.g. T-90A or T-72B3...

P.S.

Hint- length of projectile assy is about 740mm ;)

Edited by Jartsev

21 minutes ago, Jartsev said:

...at 0 meters, which turns in to   quite modest 320-370mm(depending of penetrator material) of penetration at 2 kilometers, if target is sloped to 60 degrees- quite similar to M829A2 or DM53. And those penetrators can only fit  in to autoloaders of  post-2004 tanks, e.g. T-90A or T-72B3.

Privet Jartsev, spasiba bolschoi! )) Do you know the lenght of the rounds and/or KE projectiles? Is there are any data available ?  Will these rounds also fit into the 125 mm 2A82 gun system ? How do they potentially compare to the KE "Vakuum" 1 and 2 rounds?

Edited by lavictoireestlavie

18 minutes ago, lavictoireestlavie said:

Privet Kartsev, spasiba bolschoi! )) Do you know the lenght of the rounds and/or KE projectiles? Is there are any data available ?  Will these rounds also fit into the 125 mm 2A82 gun system ? How do they potentially compare to the KE "Vakuum" 1 and 2 rounds?

I`m Jartsev, not Kartsev :D 2A82  is  designed for new line of ammunition, but with compatibility with legacy 125mm rounds in mind(see patent RU 2311603). According to open source data   penetrators  designed under R&D study "Vacuum" were approximately 900mm long, and possibly had muzzle velocity  in 1700-1800m/sec range(or  greater a bit). Problem is, that  this study was  reportedly cancelled, and new one was subsequently  initiated- here  any available data ends; this can be somehow connected to exposure of another new gun with unknown specs- 2A89.

Edited by Jartsev

24 minutes ago, Jartsev said:

I`m Jartsev, not Kartsev :D 2A82  is  designed for new line of ammunition, but with compatibility with legacy 125mm rounds in mind(see patent RU 2311603). According to open source data   penetrators  designed under R&D study "Vacuum" were approximately 900mm long, and possibly had muzzle velocity  in 1700-1800m/sec range(or  greater a bit). Problem is, that  this study was  reportedly cancelled, and new one was subsequently  initiated- here  any available data ends; this can be somehow connected to exposure of another new gun with unknown specs- 2A89.

Izvinite! My fingers struck the wrong key but i corrected the error once i realized my mistake )) Thank you for the patent article. Has the 2A82 gun been changed in the past 2 years ?  I got the impression that the latest T-14s mount somehwat different 2A82s

12 minutes ago, lavictoireestlavie said:

Izvinite! My fingers struck the wrong key but i corrected the error once i realized my mistake )) Thank you for the patent article. Has the 2A82 gun been changed in the past 2 years ?  I got the impression that the latest T-14s mount somehwat different 2A82s

Well, its known that  gun manufacturer("Artillery Plant No.9") purchased 15 barrel blanks for 2A82- 10 in 2013 and 5 in 2015, plus there was a purchase of  some tooling("Sandvik"-made) to support production of 2A82 and 2A89 guns, but there no known  contract for  2A89 barrel blanks to this date. This is quite consistent with claim of russian MoD that total number  of T-14s build is "about 20"...  And, speaking of  2A82- this gun can be also used  in manned turrets, so probably there are at least two versions of it are existing.

Edited by Jartsev

4 hours ago, Jartsev said:

Well, its known that  gun manufacturer("Artillery Plant No.9") purchased 15 barrel blanks for 2A82- 10 in 2013 and 5 in 2015, plus there was a purchase of  some tooling("Sandvik"-made) to support production of 2A82 and 2A89 guns, but there no known  contract for  2A89 barrel blanks to this date. This is quite consistent with claim of russian MoD that total number  of T-14s build is "about 20"...  And, speaking of  2A82- this gun can be also used  in manned turrets, so probably there are at least two versions of it are existing.

OK, i just wondered if they changed the calibre - length on it. Thanks !

On 11/18/2016 at 5:58 PM, Gibsonm said:
On 11/18/2016 at 5:49 PM, Maj.Hans said:

Did we properly fix the M60A3(TTS) to prevent the loader from disabling the stab for normal main gun reloads when the vehicle is in motion yet?

I didn't see it in the release notes...And I presented plenty of evidence about that IMHO...

I guess it depends on whether it was easy to fix or not and if it were, if it made the cut off.

Perhaps the easiest way to confirm would be to see it the behaviour/issue still exists in 4.010?