UGV and UAV deployment

jlh

I'm running 4.010. Thanks for all the hard work.  I can't seem to get my UGV or UAV to deploy. I've assigned them to my infantry units in the editor. Tried 'y' and 'shift-t' as instructed in the control panel of the game, also 'Z' as instructed in the manual, after trying both F7 and F11 to put me in the commander's position, with no luck. Any help would be appreciated.

• 1 year later...

Has this been fixed. Just tried to deploy a UAV but was unable. I even made the UAV route for AI to control it. Did not deploy. So i added UAV to own unit. Could still not deploy it.

I might have done something wrong. Please advise

45 minutes ago, Ssnake said:

The bug report was filed, and I believe it has been fixed, but the update has not yet been published.

Hmm that is strange. Are you sure, I have been in online games where UAV's was used. 

Will it be in the update, soon to be ?

Don't forget there are three different "UAVs" in SB: The UAV unit, the infantry deployed micro UAV, and the UAV route. It sounds like you're asking about the micro UAV as you mention trying to deploy it. The issue is that currently only a platoon leader can carry the micro UAV or UGV, so if there isn't a platoon leader in the vehicle, there's no micro UAV or UGV.

The UAV route is for adding aerial recon to a scenario's planning phase. If you put a UAV route in a scenario you can view a simulated UAV overflight during planning that will show enemy units, etc.

43 minutes ago, Rotareneg said:

Don't forget there are three different "UAVs" in SB: The UAV unit, the infantry deployed micro UAV, and the UAV route. It sounds like you're asking about the micro UAV as you mention trying to deploy it. The issue is that currently only a platoon leader can carry the micro UAV or UGV, so if there isn't a platoon leader in the vehicle, there's no micro UAV or UGV.

The UAV route is for adding aerial recon to a scenario's planning phase. If you put a UAV route in a scenario you can view a simulated UAV overflight during planning that will show enemy units, etc.

Thank you Rotareneg. 

What is the UAV unit called. Was not able to find it. Working on a scenario where AI moves according to how many units in different regions and to act as a human.

I have now deployed infantry as spotters and it might work as well as it does slow down the progress of human player. 

The only problem is that the UAV might be spotted as well and if that happens all data for AI disperses.

Thank you for clarifying. 

• Members

Look in "Other" ... UAV. That's the "Sperwer" lookalike (which however has different performance characteristics than the actual Sperwer) which will circle the battlefield as a unit.

The micro-UAV is a property of the infantry platoon as optional equipment ("Options" ... UAV or UGV).

Finally, in the Mission Editor, right-click an empty location on the map and select "New UAV route" for the video playback option during the planning phase.

Speaking of UAVs-- is there any way to set UAVs [sperwer lookalike] to not have blind status?  Un-checking it doesn't seem to work.  The reason I ask is because I'm looking for novel ways of getting the enemy AI to target my arty with counter battery [beyond the methods mentioned on the forum in the past] and one of my ideas involves chains of triggered UAV spawning/destruction/revival but I've been thwarted thus far by their blindness which I presume prevents them from calling for fire on their own.  

• Members
28 minutes ago, Breakthrough7 said:

Speaking of UAVs-- is there any way to set UAVs [sperwer lookalike] to not have blind status? 

No, that's an intentional design decision.

The customer wanted to have having a human operator to search for targets rather than automatically swooping up the location and ID of just any unit to which line of sight exists (because high up in the air, there's LOS to pretty much any spot on the ground ... but UAV sensors barely offer proper target identification at the narrowest field of view; they create the illusion of seeing everything when the reality is that you're largely flying blind).

21 hours ago, Ssnake said:

Look in "Other" ... UAV. That's the "Sperwer" lookalike (which however has different performance characteristics than the actual Sperwer) which will circle the battlefield as a unit.

The micro-UAV is a property of the infantry platoon as optional equipment ("Options" ... UAV or UGV).

Finally, in the Mission Editor, right-click an empty location on the map and select "New UAV route" for the video playback option during the planning phase.

Thanks a lot. I realized I'm blind :D