Upgrading to version 4.0 - Questions and Answers

Dantares

I've done a little looking, so please excuse me if this has already been answered elsewhere...

I recently got a one month license to try the game out and like it. If I purchase the full license now, will that license also cover the upcoming 4.0 update, or will that require a separate purchase?

• Members

Depends on what you call the "full license".

If you mean version 3.0 with a CodeMeter stick at its currently discounted price, the answer is "No". You would need to purchase a $40.- license upgrade later; buying version 4.0 after its release will however cost $125.- ... so it amounts to the same price.

If you mean a one-year or other time-based license, the answer is "Yes". You may change to the new version at any time while the license is still valid. Time-based licenses are priced to cover the effort on our end to constantly maintain and improve Steel Beasts whereas for permanent licenses the only way to get a compensation for permanent development effort is to sell upgrades.

• 1 month later...

I'm completely confused by this:

" Typically you have one license of an older version of SB Pro. For most customers the upgrade is $40.- ... so, order that. UNLESS your ONLY SB Pro PE license is older than version 2.5. For customers who never upgraded before the web shop offers an "old version upgrade" at $80.- "

I have a code meter stick that I use to run SB PE v2.6 is this the same as a license version greater than 2.5 or is  SB Pro PE license  version something elseWhere can I find the version number of my license?

You should be good to go for the $40 upgrade. ...I think.

The license number can be found in the CodeMeter console or the web app. It's usually similar to the SB version number, but not always exactly the same. IIRC, 2.6 required a new license, so yes, you would have a 2.6 license which is greater than 2.5.

Edited by Lt DeFault

• Members

Yes. SB Pro PE 2.6 is newer than version 2.5. So you qualify for the regular upgrade. Like anyone with an SB Pro PE 3.0 license, or a version 2.5 license. The WebAdmin will show which licenses (by eSim Games) are stored on your CodeMeter stick. If no version number is listed, or if it says version 2.4, the "old version upgrade" option must be chosen.

6 hours ago, Ssnake said:

Yes. SB Pro PE 2.6 is newer than version 2.5. So you qualify for the regular upgrade. Like anyone with an SB Pro PE 3.0 license, or a version 2.5 license. The WebAdmin will show which licenses (by eSim Games) are stored on your CodeMeter stick. If no version number is listed, or if it says version 2.4, the "old version upgrade" option must be chosen.

Ok Thanks! I was thinking I'd have to do the 80.00 since I never did 3.0 so nice surprise.

thanks everyone

• 3 months later...