• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Moderators

06 OCT scenario:

Hasty Defense 01 (DE) Leo1A4-HTH-MAD-4010c

SPECIAL CONSIDERATIONS:

• Draft? No.

NOTES:

• Avoid studying the enemy's side; only gather intel from the briefing and exposed enemy unit icons (enemy intel), and briefly looking over both sides to figure out which one you want to CO. Anything beyond that ruins the fog of war element.
  • To avoid passwords, open the scenario in Network Session as HOST and choose the side you want to play and go to planning phase. You may briefly look at both sides like this to see which side you want to play or CO on. As CO, once you choose a side, go to that side and create your plan.
  • Remember to play within the TGIF House Rules and SB.com community rules.

• Moderators

13 OCT scenario:

Civil War Dera Ghazi-4019a

SPECIAL CONSIDERATIONS:

• THREE COs are needed. Blue vs. Orange vs. Red. Blue and Orange (both insurgents) are neutral at the start, both against Red (which is a very large/powerful government force). However only one side can win, Orange and Blue will be enemies at some point.
  • Draft? No.

NOTES:

• Avoid studying the enemy's side; only gather intel from the briefing and exposed enemy unit icons (enemy intel), and briefly looking over both sides to figure out which one you want to CO. Anything beyond that ruins the fog of war element.
  • To avoid passwords, open the scenario in Network Session as HOST and choose the side you want to play and go to planning phase. You may briefly look at both sides like this to see which side you want to play or CO on. As CO, once you choose a side, go to that side and create your plan.

Any chance of tweaking the theme so that:

1. The tanks don't stop in the dirt

2. The ground clutter (largish rocks) in the same terrain doesn't stop vehicles

I spent a fair part of the mission driving vehicles because they either stopped cold, or in the case of the rocks the AI didn't avoid them when given a route and again stopped vehicles. Happy to provide screenshots etc to help identify the terrain type in question.

• Moderators

If you can tell me a coordinate on the map then I can look into it. However...

a) The map/terrain is supposed to be intentionally slow, otherwise the government force can cover the entire map in half the scenario's time.

b) Vehicles are not intended to drive up the mountains, so there are terrain types that I think prevent them from driving forward (rocky type).

c) Soft sand is intentionally slow.

Outside of that, I can make some adjustments if there is a mistake made in a particular place.

Sure:

GR: 6394 3761 and surrounds - the ground is flat but the theme basically stops vehicles. This is especially evident if you stop and attempt to start again.

As for the rocks - GR: 6486 3733. Unfortunately the AI doesn't seem to avoid these and if following a route just hits them and "stops" (tracks turn but no movement). You need to manually reverse and then plot a route / drive around them.

• Moderators

Regarding 6394, 3761, I will take a look at the terrain type in the theme. IT doesn't visually appear like soft sand, so it is possible that drag/traction is messed up.

OK, I won't do anything about the rocks (I don't want to thin them out because the terrain is supposed to be rough); the user is expected to avoid the densely rocky areas. Of course unless thorough terrain recon is done in Planning Phase then the user won't know there are rocks in a particular area until the unit arrives at the rocks and gets stuck. To me that is part of the "fun" of discovering that the route or plan has to be altered, like in real life.  That said, IIRC if you use nav mesh route plotting then I think the routes will avoid  large rock areas, I could be wrong though.

• Moderators

OK, I looked. Regarding 6394 3761, this is an area of the theme called "mountain" and "rocky".  Drag and traction are such that wheeled vehicles will not be allowed, and track vehicle movement could be restricted when going up steep inclines. That said, drag and traction aren't set in such a way that it would prevent all movement, but it seems to be deliberately set to make it restrictive in mountainous areas. So, I am reluctant to change it.

I know that area looks relatively flat and not so mountainous,  but for whatever reason, that partcular area is painted as base of the "Verkhiniy North Range". That said, maybe I can make the terrain look a bit more rough to give it away that it is not hospitable (more visual rock clutter, for example).

EDIT:

I fixed that now. Visually there should be no mistaking that the terrain is impassible (or at least very slow going). I think the problem was that it was "rocky" but had very little rock clutter visible, and looked like dirt. Actually, FWIW, after further investigation - I wasn't happy with some aspects of the appearance of the map theme so I edited some things quite a bit for "next time". It will behave mostly the same, but should look a bit different, at least.

• Moderators

20 OCT scenario:

Relief to Defense 01-multiparty-4019-OMU

SPECIAL CONSIDERATIONS:

• FOUR COs are needed. Blue (US), Gray (DE), Green (UK) vs. Red (OPFOR).
  • Draft? No.

NOTES:

It would be great if DE and UK could have their own resupply, repair and medical capability (say 1 x Amb, 1 x Supply and 1 x Repair)

Currently the US does but the others can't use them - e.g. US Amb can not treat wounded DE crewman.

Edited by Gibsonm
Typo

• Moderators
On 10/21/2017 at 6:25 AM, Gibsonm said:

It would be great if DE and UK could have their own resupply, repair and medical capability (say 1 x Amb, 1 x Supply and 1 x Repair)

Currently the US does but the others can't use them - e.g. US Amb can not treat wounded DE crewman.

OK, I will look into that. I did already add the Ambulance to both, and will likely add repair, but maybe not supply (the supply trucks on blue are intended for the strong point defenders).

• Moderators

27 OCT scenario:

FEBA Madness (M1A1 v Leo2A4) v. 0.71

SPECIAL CONSIDERATIONS:

• Draft? Yes.

NOTES:

• Moderators

3 NOV scenario:

Deliberate Defense 03-4019-OMU-MAD

SPECIAL CONSIDERATIONS:

• Draft? Yes.

NOTES: