Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
cobrabase

Getting a mission to end

Recommended Posts

Greetings all.  I have a "blue mission end" condition if any red forces enter a custom region.  

 

-The test enemy unit triggers the event

-I get the mission text I wrote with the trigger

-The mission keeps running.

 

????????????????????????????????

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Works here. I have a region on blue side, an event that checks for more than 0 operational enemy forces in that region, and the blue mission end checking if that event is true.

Mission_end_test.7z

Edited by Rotareneg
Attached scenario

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Rotareneg said:

Works here. I have a region on blue side, an event that checks for more than 0 operational enemy forces in that region, and the blue mission end checking if that event is true.

Mission_end_test.7z

Okay!   Mine just keeps going like the energizer bunny!  Hmmmmmm.....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, cobrabase said:

Okay!   Mine just keeps going like the energizer bunny!  Hmmmmmm.....

 

Are you trying to end the mission with a trigger, or an event?

 

Does the Blue End Mission set to activate when that specific event occurs, or are there other events that might also end it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/25/2017 at 6:55 PM, Mirzayev said:

 

Are you trying to end the mission with a trigger, or an event?

 

Does the Blue End Mission set to activate when that specific event occurs, or are there other events that might also end it?

Officially trying to end with the Blue End Mission when red forces crosses a user-defined region. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, cobrabase said:

Officially trying to end with the Blue End Mission when red forces crosses a user-defined region. 

 

I could take a look at it if you want; if you could send some screenshot of the logic I might be able to test it out. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

End Mission if... (operational) (enemy) forces in (Region X)

 

In principle, that should be it, really.

 

 

Now, important is the distinction between "known enemy" and "enemy"; "known enemy" requires observation (!) of the trigger region by a non-blind unit with (!) radio connection. "Enemy" does not.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/30/2017 at 8:43 AM, Mirzayev said:

 

I could take a look at it if you want; if you could send some screenshot of the logic I might be able to test it out. 

 

+1

 

Or the scenario file.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"I have consulted the forums and as of this build no one has any explanations."

 

Interesting... 

 

I'm sure we can figure it out. Since you are uploading the mission, I'll just download it and debug it for you. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If it comes up in the next few hours, I'll have a look at it "tonight" my time (assuming its not password protected, etc.).

 

If you don't see a reply here from me then I haven't had a chance and its all yours. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I said that because the problem has not been nailed down yet and have been too busy with work to look at it until now.   Found out what it was.  Having a weird WAV file issue now but everything else is A-ok.

 

 

 

Edited by cobrabase

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, cobrabase said:

I said that because the problem has not been nailed down yet and have been too busy with work to look at it until now.   Found out what it was.  Having a weird WAV file issue now but everything else is A-ok.

 

I'm glad you got it figured out. I just didn't want you to think that no one on the forum was willing to help you, quite the opposite really! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Mirzayev said:

 

I'm glad you got it figured out. I just didn't want you to think that no one on the forum was willing to help you, quite the opposite really! 

Awwww never man!   Best damn forum on the net!   I had to go to work so I left the thread hanging.  Sorry about that all!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So, it was a wav file that was connected to the end mission event that prevented it?

That may be a bug/incomplete implementation. I suppose I'd like to pass this on to our programmers, if you can divulge a few more details...?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I watched the YouTube and noticed that the suspect file had a " (2)" in it.

 

Can you perhaps rename it with out the space and the brackets and see if it runs?

 

It may be something a simple as a file name format issue, since the ones without " (2)" play fine.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...