Infantry 'posture' bug (?)

Bond_Villian

I mentioned this in the Wishlist thread recently, but i think its more of a bug than a wishlist item, so im mentioning it here.

I find that often i cannot get the infantry to stand/kneel (in order to observe with binculars) when theres contact,  unless i make them run, which prohibits the use of binoculars anyway. I guess its a bug of sorts.

Test Sce. attached. Notice that once the FO infantry 'sees' the enemy tank in the valley floor to his north (you may need to look at it through binos first), he will not stand/kneel thereafter.

Cheers

inf test.rar

2 minutes ago, Gibsonm said:

Understood, but the implication in the second part of his comment was that it will be implemented with (or soon after) the improved terrain modelling.

Given that that new feature isn't too far away ...

But whats wrong with taking a knee in the open? Especially if it means actually seeing your target versus being obstructed?

Nothing, but what is the point of demanding it be fixed "now" if its going to be fixed "soon"?

Implementing it "now" via some form of hotfix prior to the terrain update is just going to create more work for them and then you'll get people complaining about how their infantry are getting cut down unnecessarily.

Edited by Gibsonm

10 minutes ago, Gibsonm said:

Nothing, but what is the point of demanding it be fixed "now" if its going to be fixed "soon"?

Implementing it "now" via some form of hotfix prior to the terrain update is just going to create more work for them and then you'll get people complaining about how their infantry are getting cut down unnecessarily.

Terrain isn't the problem, though. Whether it is fixed now or ...whenever (?), there will still be the issue of grass, rocks, debris and other 'stuff' that restricts LOS and prevents the infantry form engaging from the prone. 

15 hours ago, Ssnake said:

Note that the computer-controlled units do not "see" or in any other form recognize grass and other ground clutter. They do NOT suffer from that kind of LOS restriction.

On 28/01/2017 at 4:09 AM, Apocalypse 31 said:

there will still be the issue of grass, rocks, debris and other 'stuff' that restricts LOS and prevents the infantry form engaging from the prone. 

Just to be clear, i wasnt talking about firing from kneel; but observing with binoculars from a kneeling posture, in order to see over the grass and spot things accurately and give accurate reference points in multiplayer. If this wont change until the new terrain engine, then thats fine with me, and thankyou.

Cheers

6 hours ago, Rotareneg said:

That kinda goes along with a suggestion I had a long time ago for a "no ground clutter in gun sight/bino view" option, to balance the AI vs player sighting ability.

Yeah that would be a workaround, or perhaps even just raise the view or first person 'camera'  up about a foot.

Cheers