Getting Tanks to start in Emplacements

Werewolf

I'm finding it impossible to get a tank platoon to start a scenario already in tank emplacements. Getting them to move into the emplacement is easy but it usually takes at least 20 seconds. Might not seem like a lot but while they're moving they're vulnerable which means there are limits on positioning of the enemy units which one may not want depending on the scenario situation. 

So is it possible to have a tank platoon start the game with each individual tank already in its emplacement and if so how? (no... I'm not going to divide the units up and place individual tanks - defeats the whole purpose and is definitely a no go for AI units).

Edited by Werewolf
Add Content

• Members

No. Place them right behind the emplacements, and they will recognize them at mission start and drive in right away. So, you just have to account for those 30 seconds to get everybody orientated. If you move the vehicles right on top of the emplacements they will drop down at mission start, not know where they are, back out, and then drive back in. Takes much longer, gives more shitty results.

18 hours ago, Ssnake said:

No. Place them right behind the emplacements, and they will recognize them at mission start and drive in right away. So, you just have to account for those 30 seconds to get everybody orientated. If you move the vehicles right on top of the emplacements they will drop down at mission start, not know where they are, back out, and then drive back in. Takes much longer, gives more shitty results.

And that's pretty much what I do. With some experimentation I've found that set back about 50 yards or so in column, close gives the minimum amount of time for each vehicle to locate it's pit and move there directly by just turning right or left and heading in.

If you start out with the unit in line then the individual tanks tend to back up, and for what ever reason the one's on the right think the pits on the left are theirs and vice versa and it turns into a cluster fuck until everything is sorted out.

The 1st way takes about 20 seconds or so the 2nd way can take over a minute to get every one in position.

Sure would be nice if there was an editor command or tool that would set this up with units in place though.

• Members

Interesting.

I suppose, our limitation then is that there must be Blue and Red as parties without which we have no valid scenario file structure or some such. I thought they also had to be enemy to each other. Learn something new every day...

7 hours ago, Ssnake said:

Interesting.

I suppose, our limitation then is that there must be Blue and Red as parties without which we have no valid scenario file structure or some such. I thought they also had to be enemy to each other. Learn something new every day...

That'll teach you to correct me! ;)