Back to the World of Steel Beasts

Hokie4824

Hey everyone, its been a LONG time since I've been on here. Since I last posted, I graduated from VT, got commissioned, and went to FT Sill, OK, for the Basic Officer Leader Course II. And now I'm at the best part...ARMOR OFFICER BASIC COURSE AT FT KNOX! I'm currently in my tank phase of weapons training, and past the Conduct Of Fire Trainer this morning. Since I'm headed to Ft Hood, I've been on a M1A2 SEP. Though I can't give details, I can definitely tell you that its a completely different experience from the M1A1. They like to call us LTs on the SEPs "Jedi Tankers" becuase of the fun toys we get with it. Hope all is well and will give updates on the fun here at Knox (and maybe some pictures as well). Hopefully I can get a few hours of free time between studying TMs and FMs and get to play some SB again.

Congratulations on your hard work, sir! I've never operated a SEP tank before; we turned in our A2's in 2001 and my last detail before I ETS'd from Fort Hood was painting the bumper numbers on the brand spankin'-new SEP tanks.

I'm sure they're worse for wear by now...:wink2:

Tanking for real is the most fun you can have with your clothes on--sometimes. Just wait until you throw track the first time. I promise you, it'll be in knee-deep COLD mud at about 0200.

Murphy never sleeps...:diable:

Oh, I'm sure I will build LOTS of character over the next couple months. I passed my Weapons Handling Test and Start gunnery tomorrow. Should be very interesting; they told us today that the Discovery Channel has a crew here and they will be following our gunnery tables. Possible new show on the Abrams in the works?