ETA on terrain patch?

Nercon

4 hours ago, CalAB said:

200 cdn worth of flight sim,

So, one plane and a map? :D

On a serious note, I'm not touching anything from Eagle Dynamics (again). Harrier was a blast, Nevada is beautiful, but I think they are completely overwhelmed with the amount of modules they have released. Updates are much less frequent. The Harrier is only a year old and it has basically been abandoned.

• Replies 411
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

A hi-res terrain engine still not being there is not much of an issue... The more I play the game the more I wish it had a proper single player content. It will hardly ever happen of course. Especially since that seems to be a norm across simulation games. Even aforementioned DCS campaigns are hardly ever more than classroom excersises. But if Steel Beasts ever did something akin to Steel Armor Blaze of War it'd become a classic and do a lot better in the mainstream than that SABOW. Sigh

• Members

Our team simply is too small to create a lot of single-player scenarios. We ran a couple of scenario design contests but the turnout was shrinking significantly over time, so we stopped that. Maybe there's time to revive them. Be it as it may be, you have a Mission Editor at your disposal. I can but encourage you to create single-player scenarios yourself, and to share them with the community here.

On 5/24/2018 at 1:08 AM, Ssnake said:

I appreciate the understanding, but at the end of the day you're customers and therefore have a right to voice your own priorities. That doesn't mean that we're legally or morally bound by your suggestions, but we'd be ignoring them at our own risk. All else being equal, I'd rather know exactly what you want rather than believing that everything's peachy when the silence I meet is nothing but suppressed rage.

;)

Exactly what I want is to be given a higher level of modding: To be able to create tanks and vehicles, full interior for those missing, to import my own heightmaps and keep this sim alive for 10 more years to come.

;)

Edited by stormrider_sp

7 hours ago, stormrider_sp said:

Exactly what I want is to be given a higher level of modding: To be able to create tanks and vehicles, full interior for those missing, to import my own heightmaps and keep this sim alive for 10 more years to come.

;)

Sorry to continue this diversion - it probably should have gone in the "wish list" thread:

As for the terrain patch - I'm sticking with "its ready when its ready".

Edited by Gibsonm

• 4 months later...
  • Members

I was about to write up something over the weekend but since I'm struck down with a nasty lumbago that makes me afraid of going to bed I might just as well write it now. Nothing better than making public announcements in a sleep-deprived state of agony. :|

Overally the current beta version looks quite decent and almost release worthy. But we've's busted the deadline for a release in April (or May) because we're not quite done yet (if tantalizingly close), and because of the production lead times for a new printed manual and the mentioned installer media for the map files. Even if we could fix that by Easter, a release in early May is out of the question because we're effectively shutting down the company in May so we can relocate parts of the team (including myself) to Sweden for the ITEC exhibition.

This is a very important event for us, so we need "time for ourselves" to prepare it properly (and to respond to customers afterwards). So, I'm shooting for a release in June.

Late June appears to be absolutely realistic. It gives us time to run the manual print, it allows us to collect preorders from you so we know what production size we should aim for, we might even pre-release the map data installer for those of you who want to download the bigger part of the installation in advance of the program release. That might also help to spread the peak load on the server. And in July and August, we usually are left alone by our military customers, so we can be on full alert for the wave of support cases that are inevitable after each major release. I'm pretty sure, there will be more cases than normal, simply because a few key elements (everything related to map data) will change.

7 minutes ago, Ssnake said:

Even if we could fix that by Easter, a release in early May is out of the question because we're effectively shutting down the company in May so we can relocate parts of the team (including myself) to Sweden for the ITEC exhibition.

This is a very important event for us, so we need "time for ourselves" to prepare it properly (and to respond to customers afterwards). So, I'm shooting for a release in June.

Thanks - If not too late (have been awaiting guidance) I'll submit our (AS Army) vote list next week via Defence email - If I can compress the spreadsheet adequately.

it allows us to collect preorders from you so we know what production size we should aim for, we might even pre-release the map data installer for those of you who want to download the bigger pert of the map data in advance of the program release. That might also help to spread the peak load on the server. And in July and August, we usually are left along by our military customers, so we can be on full alert for the wave of support cases that are inevitable after each major release. I'm pretty sure, there will be more cases than normal, simply because a few key elements (everything related to map data) will change.

1 x full license and 7 x supplementals from me.

Also happy to get the pre-release map data installer if its reasonably bullet proof.

I was about to write up something over the weekend but since I'm struck down with a nasty lumbago that makes me afraid of going to bed I might just as well write it now. Nothing better than making public announcements in a sleep-deprived state of agony. :|

Get better!

Edited by Gibsonm