Leopard 2 Updated Sound Pack

daskal

I have just realised that some of the files were not the latest ones that I included inthe earlier pack. This is the proper version, with proper exterior movement sounds. I have deleted the prior packsince.

Extract and place the file into your mods/fx folder. For SB Pro version 4.x or higher.

Like ....\Documents and Settings\userke\Dokumentumok\eSim Games\Steel Beasts\mods\sounds\FX

Here is a new demo video:

24 minutes ago, Eisenschwein said:

Nice one, but a little to much "klong, klong, klong, klong" from the Tracks. This only happens if your Track isn´t in good shape or in slow Curves......

Well this one is driving straight:

Same here from 1:08:

Edited by daskal

A good Example: If you look right in the first Video, you see the Driver is steering in a "S" at low speed. First you hear pling, pling", when he goes straight you hear nothing, then he steer again and the "pling, pling" is back. In the second Video the Track is (over) worn (have a look at the Sprocket) ;-)

So, that´s I said.

Edited by Eisenschwein

2 hours ago, Eisenschwein said:

A good Example: If you look right in the first Video, you see the Driver is steering in a "S" at low speed. First you hear pling, pling", when he goes straight you hear nothing, then he steer again and the "pling, pling" is back. In the second Video the Track is (over) worn (have a look at the Sprocket) ;-)

So, that´s I said.

Point taken, but you either have the clanking sound or don't. I can lower the volume of the klang compared to the engine roar though, make it less obvious but still there. Unfortunately SB restricts movement sounds to a single file. So engine & tracks have to be mixed together.

Something came up we have noticed. In multiplayer , head to head last Friday , it was the leo's against the Abrams. Those who had the leo sound mod on the Abrams side could hear the Leos from far away.... the sound volume may be a little too loud... just as single player it did seem so when playing another tank type. 

3 hours ago, Zaphod said:

Something came up we have noticed. In multiplayer , head to head last Friday , it was the leo's against the Abrams. Those who had the leo sound mod on the Abrams side could hear the Leos from far away.... the sound volume may be a little too loud... just as single player it did seem so when playing another tank type. 

+1

4 hours ago, Zaphod said:

.... the sound volume may be a little too loud... just as single player it did seem so when playing another tank type. 

I don't find this to be the case in single player. (Haven't done multiplayer). 

In a nonscientific test on a small, otherwise-unpopulated forested map, I hear the modded Leo 6 at about the same distance/loudness as the M1. Maybe just a little farther -- a few seconds -- but it's a louder tank, no?

Then I remembered I was using an exterior rumble mod for the M1 also. So retested without, and same result. Also tried an M113 and an M60 (no sound mods).  My lone soldier in a field could hear each approach at roughly the same point as the Leo.

Maybe it's a personal setup issue? I use headphones but don't have a dedicated sound card.

1 hour ago, Gibsonm said:

Well Leo 2 is louder than M1.

You should be able hear a Leo, but the hard part should be determining exactly where they are. So you should know they are "out there" but not to the point that you know they are 600m away at 2 O'clock.

Right. Not that precise. But I can tell if it's closing or moving away (assuming its moving). And I can get a general sense of direction by turning my head. 

Well that's pretty much what I'd expect and reflects my real life experience.

Add intervening terrain and you start to get the taste of the "shock action" aspects - big metal box out there but not sure where.

Then add night and rain ...

Edited by Gibsonm

• Members

Could well be. The original sounds are more "generic" because we apply them to several vehicles ... which may be one of the reasons why a number of my sound recordings never actually made it into Steel Beasts. In all fairness, that may have had a number of other reasons as well, limiting the installer file sizes, limiting memory usage.

• 5 months later...