Improved Fire Mod uploaded

ChanceBS

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

The Mod fell off the SB Mod server after I tried to edit it last night. Not sure what I did there, oops. A final version will be uploaded today.

I haven't tested placement of the .dds files in the Mod folder but it has been said they can be used from there. These have been tested with the SB Pro PE BETA and work finest kind.

FIRE AND SMOKE MOD. 2007

Place the eight .dds files here.

C:\Program Files\eSim Games\SB Pro PE\images.

Be sure to rename or back up the stock dds files that came with your game.

Files:

SmokeCol.dds - smoke from HE impacts earth.

Smoke1.dds - smoke from Arty , muzzle, dust,impacts, all darker, etc.

damageSmoke.dds - Smoke above smaller fires.

deadSmoke.dds - Smoke above large fires. Turrets and buildings

fire.dds - All fire in the sim.

fireball.dds - He fire explosions. Ke impacts smaller.

Xplode.dds - Muzzle flash all weapons. projectile impact flash.

Dirtsplash3 - Arty dirt splash. More dirt.

The Mod fell off the SB Mod server after I tried to edit it last night. Not sure what I did there, oops. A final version will be uploaded today.

It didnt feel of. anytime you update your download it has to be checked again by me,sean or Homer. Its like when you upload it, it wont show untill its approved. so whenever you update the download it will go offline (so you havent uploaded anything bad) untill its approved, wich I now have done so you dont need to upload again :)

/KT

The final version has 8. It hasnt been uploaded yet. The one uploaded (Beta) has 3.

Need final agreement from Fidel later today, for final 2007 version.

The edit last night was to fix some edge flaw in xplode1 and resize about 10% smaller.

I wanted to get this fix in, just in case the final is not ready.

yer things are a bit busy for us at the moment, I have put everything on hold for a while because I have a new son that calls for attention, but chance is putting the final touches to the fire/smoke files. Hopefully it will be ready in a few days. Just in time for x-mass

Oh come on! Just because you have a NEW CHILD doesn't mean you can take a break from finishing the mod!!!! Slacker!!! ;)

Seriously... what a cool Christmas present to have... being a Dad. Congratulations!!! Merry Christmas to you and yours!

Here are some screens of the HE with black smoke. I think I would like this better than the what is in the above pics with HE grey. Thought I would post this again for some thoughts from you folks. My goal is to get this to North pole Shipping department for the last sleigh out.

77-1.jpg

78.jpg

79.jpg

80.jpg