CS 4: Thrust

ShotMagnet

Commanders have their assignments, and Sean has informed me that he'll be able to host.

Sound off here if you plan to attend. Sound off here as well if you think you might need some help joining an MP session, and would maybe like to work out issues of connectivity or whatever else beforehand.

We'll be using the beta (version 2.370).

The game is scheduled for 1900 Sat 20 Sep 08 PST (0300 Sun 21 Sep 08 GMT). See you then.

Shot

Yeah, I think so. Maybe I need to push this back another week...?

Apologies all around, this is nobody's fault. GaryOwen's ISP is having issues.

Let's for the moment though assume that next Saturday is the day, and if LNoT interferes then CS will have to cede the night.

Shot

You guys keep pushing it back and I will be back home to join in, it's all good:biggrin:

Preping for a huge mission,but my lips are sealed,still no beer or R&R:cul:

We'd love to have you. For your consideration, the Russians (of course) have only non-gunnable AFV.

This isn't necessarily the handicap you might think it to be. 9erRed has managed to score about even with NATO, mostly because 9erRed knows very well how to handle non-gunnable vehicles.

Still, if you're looking to gun down someone and want to be the one pulling the trigger, NATO is your best choice.

Shot

Last night's match met with a lot of delays, but when it started it started with the (you should pardon the expression) proverbial bang.

A fleeing and motley collection of vehicles representing a shattered Soviet HQ unit opened the game by killing a brace of Bundeswehr and US Army IFVs. The fleeing collection of survivors didn't last long, though, and NATO forces steamed east with a lot of haste, taking casualties but handing them out as only NATO forces can.

Yours truly took a platoon to a ridge, having no idea what was on the other side, snuck to nametag-defilade, and espied a company of armor headed straight for him. The mouse never moved so fast in commanding the platoon to reverse away and down-slope, while for all of the longest five seconds of my virtual-tanking life Bundeswehr armor spat death at my guys. It was kinda like being Hipper at Jutland, except that we were on land, there were no naval vessels involved, no one involved was to my knowledge an admiral, there were no dreadnoughts, battle-cruisers, etc.

WTFC moment, just the same.

NATO won, again, dammit. NATO did 'hey diddle diddle, let's go up the middle', and positioned IFV- and tank-backed infantry so that the latter had a lot of support from the former, which saw them both sweep the dreaded Red stain from the two central hilltops, and hold them against crimson-hued counterattacks.

Great job by both sided. Congratulations to NATO for another job well done.

Kudos to Tazzero who did nicely in his first MP mission with non-crewable vehicles.

Thanks also to Sean for again coming through with the hosting. Thanks likewise to everyone who came out to play, including Trackpad and his positively recalcitrant machine.

Great fun, great game; hope to see you all and more for CS 5, two weeks from yesterday.

Shot

Thanks for another enjoyable mission in the CS series Shot. It's always worth the wait.

I had it pretty easy in this mission, as I mostly encountered T-72's in the north. I did manage to pick off a few T-80's here and there to take revenge for the damage they inflicted on C Coy. :)

Calendar marked for the next one.

Calendar marked for the next one.

Sorry I missed this one. I had a 14 day mission my self not far from the CS area in Germany. I can see how hard it is to fight in this area now. It is not the long rang tank battles we think would happen. The ground in not tank or ATGM friendly, and maneuvering is a challenge for large coy/Regt size units without drawing attention.

The use of UAV's add's to the battle another problem, the information (real time ) sorting of data, and what to act upon,and when.

Then the human (where I operate) factor, I can influence the battle also. How the commander deals with all of this is a challenge, a good commander will use the human factor to shape the kenic battle to gain the upper hand.

I have seen that the cold war if fought here in Germany would in the modern age would be much different than the old Fulda gap war we all knew.

Still i miss the crack of the 105mm, and the smell of diesel (hummer dosen't count), being waken buy wild boars still has a certain appeal though. LOL

Hope to make the next CS