3R22R

3r22r

Hi all. As the German Puma IFV is not yet part of SteelBeasts Pro PE I would like to know what vehicle comes closest in performance until (hopefully) the Puma comes on line. I chose the CV90DK as the best for now. Any suggestions?

• Members

...except that the 35mm caliber is significantly more powerful than the 30mm; this is partially offset by the fact that the current model for the 35mm KETF is woefully underpowered. That will change eventually, of course - but not this year.

15 minutes ago, Ssnake said:

...except that the 35mm caliber is significantly more powerful than the 30mm; this is partially offset by the fact that the current model for the 35mm KETF is woefully underpowered. That will change eventually, of course - but not this year.

:D

O.o

as in it destroys the barrel of a 120mm gun in irl tests, and then he gives a promise but no time :( 

another issue is the the long reload time especially if you override the end of belt warning

MD

Thanks for the replies. I forgot to add that the CV90DK engaged and defeated T-72M2 a 1000 meters from the side ( big surprise! ) head on is no contest of course unless you shoot the tracks. I once held a 30mm dummy round from a A-10 Warthog and I can imagin what damage the can cause, probably why we ran like hell for cover when 2 of the flew over my infantry company in Germany (M-113).  

Edited by 3r22r

Many things in that article made me laugh...

One thing though that may be in the puma's favour: in no way the puma consortium can upscale the production to crank out 2000+ vehicles. So it would have to be licence build in the US(jobs and such...)

14 minutes ago, 3r22r said:

Please elaborate on the laughing part? o.O

The "In service since 2011" Part.(Line units as just NOW receiving the 1st batches) As well as " there’s no untested technology to cause problems. "

There are still many Issues to fix on the Puma and lots dev. work it still done/to do. For example, the MELLS ATGM is still not integrated...

22 hours ago, 3r22r said:

Thanks for the replies. I forgot to add that the CV90DK engaged and defeated T-72M2 a 1000 meters from the side ( big surprise! ) head on is no contest of course unless you shoot the tracks. I once held a 30mm dummy round from a A-10 Warthog and I can imagin what damage the can cause, probably why we ran like hell for cover when 2 of the flew over my infantry company in Germany (M-113).  

even 25mm M919 can penetrate T-72 side, as long as the range is close, and you hit between the roadwheels. 

• 1 month later...
On 3/30/2017 at 7:56 AM, Apocalypse 31 said:

You Euro's finally made something that has caught our interest.

In the end, I'm sure we'll just make our own model, which will be exactly the same but cost 3x more. 

Ah the never-ending fight of getting that impossible balance between mission, weight, armor, firepower, mobility and... of course... cost.