No LAHAT missiles on Leo tanks?

Deputy276

You stated, and I quote, "Its "might have been" because no one has bought it and no one has used it." I was simply commenting to your comment. As to Germany, we really don't know what they do and don't have. I doubt they would admit the truth if asked. 

Heck, the USA was even testing the LAHAT. So it's very possible we have at least some of them. I'm not making any requests to eSim. Unless you guys want to include a Merkava III or IV. That would be pretty cool. Or give the current Merkava, whatever model it is, the LAHAT. It IS capable of using it. Although that tank is no longer used AS a tank. 

8 hours ago, Deputy276 said:

Tanks equipped with the LAHAT DON"T HAVE TO SEE their targets. They can use a laser designator and F&F the missile. And before you say that's not an efficient method, lets not forget the VERY successful Copperhead system that was used to great advantage in Iraq.

If you need someone else to find and iluminate a target to lob a misile there you do not need a 65 ton tank to do the delivery, simpler an more flexible platforms can launch a missile from an stand off possition that do not require a 4 men crew and complex heavy tank.

A simple  Humvee can launch those missiles  from a safe stand off possition while "someone else" iluminates the target

Obviously for firing an artllery round you need an artillery tube, but for firing missiles, you do not  "need" a tank.

Regarding its implementation in Steel Beasts, considering that E-simgames usually only models vehicles and ammunitions when they have reliable and suficient data and documents regarding the subject and considering those are not available for the LAHAT and the fire control system that suposedely would be used for firing and guiding that missile I would not expect this to be "creatively implemented" in SB. Not to mention that no military customer has any need of the implementation of such missile in SB...as far as I may gues. ;)