Ajax IFV stand-in?

Trackpin

Hi,

I have done a community search on this subject with no useful result. So apologies if this *has* been covered before.

From the current stable of ASCOD-derived IFVs in SB Pro 4.*, which would make the closest stand-in for the Uk's Ajax?

Opinions will vary, so please expand on what features are closely modelled? eg protection, performance, FCS, TIS etc etc

What changes to loadout, fuel capacities etc would increase verisimilitude?

Thanks for any steers on this.

Trackpin

Try the download section.

Theres a few Brit skins for the pizarro which is basically the same as the ulan.

I use the ulan skin made by justsomeguy its not exact but it looks great

It would be great if some of the talented moders on this site made a UK skin for the Ulan complete with decals

Its just a preference thing but I do like all my vehicles to has the same camouflage patten.

http://www.steelbeasts.com/files/category/87-pizarro/

2743_jpg_9514bc67da46c12a8351f58c4b579159.jpg

I was wondering if Esim took the turret of the Ulan and put it on the Warrior hull in game

Would it be technically possible to do this

I know a lot of the component parts used on the Ulan IFV were used for the warrior improvement program with the exception of the 40mm gun of course

It would make for a credible Improved warrior for the next update.?

Marko,

Doing a UK skin for the Ulan would therefore create a workable stand-in for both Improved Warrior and Ajax. As, for the player, the turret "office" would look the same.

Doing the Barracuda texture would be a challenge, but I recall seeing some great skins for Leos with this feature. The netting would save on a lot of fiddly Photoshop detailing though...

Am I right in thinking the Ulan/Ajax carries fewer troops than the Warrior? Can that capacity be set in the mission editor or is it buried in the core code description of the 3d model?

Trackpin

I was thinking more of the auto cannon.

The 40mm on the Ajax and upgraded warrior should give it a lot more punch then the 30 mm on the ulan which will be needed  to take on the next gen IFV's like the Puma Should they be modelled in the next big upgrade.

The Ajax has a crew of 3 and 4 dismounts the warrior 3/7. the ulan has 3/8 dismounts.

The Ulan is about 4/5 tons heavier then the current warrior the Ajax is about 38 tons about six tons heavier the ulan not sure what the upgraded warrior will Be but it has the ability to fit Various armour levels for different operational types.