Old new guy just came back to SB!

paradoxbox

Hi all. I'm an old new guy coming back to SB. I paid for an upgrade license and just got SB 4.0 running on my system and am enjoying it very much.

I used to play online under the name Wargamer back in the olden days, probably from 2000 to 2003 or so on the original SB / SB Gold. Fond memories of doing online missions with veeery simple graphics. I remember playing a mission while watching the Iraqi information minister was telling live TV crews that Baghdad was not being occupied as American tanks were visible in the background.

I've downloaded the Camp Hornfelt training scenarios to try to get my skills back up. Still have a little trouble getting fast target acquisition as an M1 TC, I guess I always was better in the Leos.

Are there any similar training camps like Hornfelt for the other playable vehicles now? I am interested in training as an opfor kind of guy in the T-72's and other Russian equipment, I always did like to play as the bad guy.

I don't think so.

But you may be able to edit it (depends if its password protected or not) to swap the M1 for whatever other vehicle you are interested in.

Of course it may no longer work as intended. Vehicle X may travel slower/faster than a M1 and the scripted enemy response (built for an M1) may no longer achieve the desired result. 

On ‎5‎/‎1‎/‎2017 at 9:25 PM, paradoxbox said:

Are there any similar training camps like Hornfelt for the other playable vehicles now? I am interested in training as an opfor kind of guy in the T-72's and other Russian equipment, I always did like to play as the bad guy.

Not a training camp, but this might be interesting for you, especially with the upgraded BRDM2 model.