Controlling multiple tanks

fartsicle

Hey guys,

I haven't played in a bit and I seem a bit rusty.

How do I control multiple units at once? It seems when I go to map, I can only order one unit at a time to move to a location. I can't drag the mouse, select multiple vehicles, and tell them to arrive somewhere.

Thanks!

So I can attach all the units of the same platoon to the leader, then just order the leader to move, and all should follow?

I tried that when accessing the map pressing F5, nothing seemed to happen, or any indication a unit was attached :( 

Yes.

The indication that it was attached is that the unit symbol will change, form a circular  to  rectangular form.

If that is not happening is because the units are too far away. I don't know the exact distance, but i will say need to be less than 500m.

Or because the units are not part of the same platoon.

Edited by Colebrook

actually you can but only a limited number of groups.  select file then preconfigure groups, then you can group different units together.  but you can only have a max number of 6 groups per  unit type.  ie 6 vehicle type, 6 personnel type, and 6 air vehicle type

People have there own style of managing large numbers of units, but something you might find useful is to make a route independantly (make a waypoint on the map screen, build a route from it) and then 'feed' units into that route. Sounds like you may need to go back over the basics though, and use less units perhaps