Strong Europe Tank Challenge 8-12 may 2017

Grenny

Up again this week in Grafenwöhr. German team will be from PzBtl 203.

Well, the team from GebPzBtl 8 , that won last year knew Grafenwöhr really well. Will be more difficult for the 203ers ...they are from north germany.

It will be interessting still. There are team from austria and france too.

There are ranges that allow shooting up to 3000m. thats ok i think?

They also have very good target and tgt tracking system...and they have heated targets. Something Bergen is missing..

Wonder how they'll adjust the competition rules as for some challenges the french team will be 4 men short.

• Members
On 8.5.2017 at 10:13 AM, Grenny said:

There are team from austria and france too.

I was a bit surprised to see T-64s participating, but apparently there are a few more nations than just Austria, France, Germany, and the US:

Platoons from six NATO and partner nations are scheduled to take part in the challenge. The participants are: Austria, France, Germany, Poland, Ukraine and the United States.

Well, I can only rely on the army website for info. non of "our" crews took part this year. (German team this year was from PzBtl 203)

But thats ok, otherwise it would have been germany on #1 again ;-)

Edited by Grenny

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

Hm... we would never admit it to outsiders. It's like saying that the Dutch are, somehow, German. Which isn't entirely a lie - but still wouldn't go down well if a German said it out loud in the Netherlands. There is certainly a shared cultural heritage, and a lot of common history. And then, there are a lot of differences, too.

Lol. I once hung out with some Czech and Slovak friends who were visiting the U.S. in North Carolina. I made the mistake of calling a Slovak a Czech (or was it the other way 'round?).  He was very offended.

I said "What's the difference? It was all Czechoslovakia not too long ago, right?"

He replied "It's as if I called you Canadian".

I said "Point taken. I apologize." :)

(I woke up the next day at a picnic table. My head was pounding. I asked a young girl where everyone had gone. She replied "To work." I must say: those Czechs and Slovaks sure can hold their liquor!)