Towing kill

Red2112

After a engagement with some nasty BMP´s I had some minor punishment done to my Leo 2A4, a fuel leak, suspension and wheels on retreat.  Once clear of enemy´s and out of fuel, I was then towed by my trusty platton leader.  All fine there, I was just watching our six while I was being towed but somehow all my crew was flashing red along with the rest of the failures on the top right of my screen!  After what was along trip, 10min. or so of towing and right after I was dropped on location, my tank showed destroyed!

We where never shot at while I was being towed so I really don´t know why this happend.  This is with the lates version of SB and in a multiplayer enviorment BTW.

--

Edited by Red2112

Getting a little into hack territory with this fix, but if the network issues are difficult to eliminate how about making both the tower and towed immune to collision damage? They're usually going fairly slow anyway so there might not be too many negative consequences.

7 hours ago, Staneth said:

Getting a little into hack territory with this fix, but if the network issues are difficult to eliminate how about making both the tower and towed immune to collision damage? They're usually going fairly slow anyway so there might not be too many negative consequences.

Well that's going to be a little hard as you tend not to know who the tower or towed are likely to be, when you are creating the scenario, esp. if you aren't using a dedicated recovery vehicle.

The "change ownership" option is probably the best work around.

Edited by Gibsonm

6 hours ago, Gibsonm said:

Well that's going to be a little hard as you tend not to know who the tower or towed are likely to be, when you are creating the scenario, esp. if you aren't using a dedicated recovery vehicle.

The "change ownership" option is probably the best work around.

To clarify I meant as a potential fix in the code rather than a work around for end users. Maybe they have means to check whether a unit is in a state of towing. But it's really just a random thought bubble because I've never seen their code base and in my experience it's generally folly to assume you understand root causes or potential fixes in somebody else's program without understanding what their code is doing.