Steel beast will not load, need help...

army198527

Hello everyone,

So i haven't played steel beast in a year or so and i had a license for 3.0 steelbeast pro on a codemeter stick.

I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the application 3 times...

The errors im getting are as follows...

(Generic application error

Switching to the reference rasterizer, a software device that implements the entire Direct 3D feature set, but runs very slowly.)

Next it says

(Warning: Nothing will be rendered.

The reference rendering device was selected, but your computer only has a reduced-functionality reference device installed.  Installed DirectX SDK to get the full reference device.)

Then it says

(Generic application error

This program will now exit.)

I have reinstalled direct x 4 times, also my nvidia drivers, i am stumped.  I upgraded to windows 10, only thing different from now and last year.  

Any help or advice would be much appreciated.  Thank you.

Sorry, i was meaning to update this, i fixed it....  I didnt have direct x sdk, had to download it from windows.  Good to go now and back on the battlefield!!!  

One last question for you, i was wanting to upgrade from 3.0 to 4.0, i know its 40 dollars for the upgrade, is the upgrade instant or do they mail out a new disc and codemeter?  Wasnt sure if you knew.

Thank you for your help!!!  Hope this helps someone else.

• Members

You get an email with a link to the "WebDepot" where you can activate the upgrade license ticket. So it's not "instantaneous" but much faster than mailing out anything. CodeMeter can store up to 1,000 software licenses from up to 300 different vendors.

No installation disks are available at the moment, so you'll have to download the five-part installer files.

PLEASE read the Release Notes for version 4.019, it contains a detailed, step-ba-step description of the installation process.