Jump to content
Grenny

Pictures ITEC 2017

Recommended Posts

Just some pictures to show how well the Marder is modelled in steelbeats.

Unfortunately, they also show, that 10+ year of no maintenance are not very good for a vehicle turret(in this case an old turret simulator)

 

 

100_0463.JPG

100_0464.JPG

100_0466.JPG

100_0467.JPG

100_0468.JPG

100_0469.JPG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

PS: The 1st image here show's something that is missing in the Steelbeasts model of the Marder turret. Can anyone guess what it's for??

(Duke, you shut up please ;-) )

100_0465.JPG

100_0470.JPG

100_0471.JPG

100_0472.JPG

100_0473.JPG

100_0474.JPG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Regarding the question ( can't believe no one chimed in yet )

 

it's to let the gunner know the relationship of the gun to the hull, specifically the hull front. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just realized the only German I understand are AFV control panel labels.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/19/2017 at 1:10 AM, Grenny said:

PS: The 1st image here show's something that is missing in the Steelbeasts model of the Marder turret. Can anyone guess what it's for??

(Duke, you shut up please ;-) )

100_0465.JPG

 

 

Is it for Milliradians?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We had a similar system for night operation in AMX 30, pre-planned points for blind firing.

There was an other on the gun assembly for elevation.

If eny showed himself on say crossroad 3, turn turret to planned angular, elevate the gun to match the range, and fire!

Edited by Froggy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, Froggy said:

We had a similar system for night operation in AMX 30, pre-planned points for blind firing.

Spot on!! ?  Together with the elevation scale you can point out targets to the gunner at night. Also helps wiht fire-control during the day.

 

Its not so much an issue for nightfighting wiht the 1A3(since it has a TIS), but its good to have a backup. If the TIS fails, the TC still has his "Lucy" to see in the dark ....

Edited by Grenny

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

well sure, but how does it work?

is it somehow attached to the turret ring? or is it attached to the hull? 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, dejawolf said:

well sure, but how does it work?

is it somehow attached to the turret ring? or is it attached to the hull? 

 

 Its attached to the turret ring, and you have a reference marker that is attached to the hull's 12 o'clock position.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Grenny said:

 Its attached to the turret ring, and you have a reference marker that is attached to the hull's 12 o'clock position.

 

ok. and what locaton is it at on the scale when the turret is at 12 o clock? 

Edited by dejawolf

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, dejawolf said:

 

ok. and what locaton is it at on the scale when the turret is at 12 o clock? 

0000 mil

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...