Unable to add Neutral "Green" units any longer?

Kilo60

Trying to Edit an old mission.....

For some reason I'm unable to add any new units at all when I switch to the "Green" side in the ME.

It's been awhile since I've edited missions and for the life of me am stuck with this?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

3 minutes ago, Rotareneg said:

It's because every available unit designation has been used for the vehicles on the green side.

Ok, so in order to add additional "Neutrals" I guess I will have to switch to Purple now?

9 minutes ago, Kilo60 said:

Ok, so in order to add additional "Neutrals" I guess I will have to switch to Purple now?

Exactly. That or another side that you designate as "neutral" to both Blue and Red. 

Edited by Mirzayev

• Members

Keep in mind though that while neutral sides create less computational load than combatant sides, this will change immediately as soon as one of these parties changes attitude to (any) other party. So if you are planning to have such a change of attitude away from neutral based on some condition, you should create a separate party for that - even if it shares the same color and the same looks of the characters.

That you're exhausting all available classigns and plan on using more isn't a good sign, to be honest.

12 hours ago, Ssnake said:

Keep in mind though that while neutral sides create less computational load than combatant sides, this will change immediately as soon as one of these parties changes attitude to (any) other party. So if you are planning to have such a change of attitude away from neutral based on some condition, you should create a separate party for that - even if it shares the same color and the same looks of the characters.

That you're exhausting all available classigns and plan on using more isn't a good sign, to be honest.

Agreed.  I really need parked/stationary civilian cars available as a static object instead of a Unit...

Is there anyway to remove the drivers in such objects or at least default them to civilian dressed drivers in civilian vehicles?

15 minutes ago, Kilo60 said:

Agreed.  I really need parked/stationary civilian cars available as a static object instead of a Unit...

Is there anyway to remove the drivers in such objects or at least default them to civilian dressed drivers in civilian vehicles?

Yes. One option is to set the vehicle to destroyed; it will appear in game, basically as decoration.

The other option is to change the default unit appearance in the camo scheme, or by right clicking on the unit and setting the look of the crew.

Edited by Mirzayev