Mugs! Posters! Mousepads! Magnets!

Ssnake

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...
On 6/24/2018 at 5:48 AM, Gibsonm said:

Update: Received the two cups in the correct size.

Silver lining - they told me phenq ou acheter to keep the "wrong" ones so I now have 5 cups - 3 x large, 2 x small. :)

Faith restored in on line shopping.

That is a good strategy for a good merchant - letting you keep the wrong items instead of spending money on collecting the wrong item. You get to keep the items and they gain a loyal customer. Win-win for both.

Edited by CarmenWan
Looks like someone hacked the forum and inserted spam links.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
  • Members

I suppose for the first time since 2016 I looked up the shop, and there's definitely not enough mugging going on. How can I mug you more? Is there anything that you'd like to see (tank themed shower curtains? You know you need 'em, and in bulk quantities. The perfect gift for your wife; she won't know what to say!)

I’ve bought the ASLAV-25 mug and 2x Leopard 2 mousepads (one for home and one for work) but, in terms of mugs, I’d love a Leopard AS1 as well. Some Aussie kit in scenic tactical settings would encourage me to buy some mousepad variants too. And, maybe some quality Steel Beasts key rings and bottle openers (e.g. metal and enamel) could make interesting additions around the house, like key rings for my boys for example, and who wouldn’t want to open beers for mates with a Steel Beasts bottle opener? I sure would!

The challenge with that idea (picture on "front", tabulated data on "back") then becomes where is the front?

If you hold the cup in your right hand, the layout needs to be the reverse for those who hold it in their left.

I don't think (happy to be proven wrong) that the demand is high enough to justify left handed and right handed mugs?

Besides they have an update to get out - surely that is Main Effort? ;)

Edited by Gibsonm

• Members

...and then, which stats to compile, and for which vehicles. All of them?

Admittedly, I'm lazy here. It could be done but it's one hell of a task, and I just know that we'd only sell a handful of extra mugs. In the overwhelming majority of cases the effort will be wasted. With the current rate we'll break even with the costs of the artwork in about 16 years.

In all fairness, the Cafepress shop wasn't set up to make money. It's a "not too expensive" element in our marketing strategy. Maybe I should be more obnoxious in my efforts to promote it, by putting links to the merchandise in every SB Wiki article. :P

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
On 8/20/2018 at 12:30 PM, CarmenWan said:

That is a good strategy for a good merchant - letting you keep the wrong items instead of spending money on collecting the wrong item. You get to keep the items and they gain a loyal customer. Win-win for both.

I agree with you. Once I ordered matcha green tea online and the bottle that I recieved had gone bad so I just contacted the merchant and he apologized and even sent 2 new bottles to me saying that 1 bottle is for the replacement of the bottle that was gone bad and another bottle is complementary because we want our customer to have a good experience. I was really impressed by the merchant for their customer service.

Edited by caneralee

• Members

Depends a bit on the value of the item, and the profit margin.

Giving away something that you buy for 50ct and sell for $1.50 - yes, very much doable. A car dealer that purchases the car from the factory for 50,000 USD and sells it for 52,990.- USD, wouldn't do it. Somewhere in between is the line in the sand that every merchant will have to draw for himself.

• 4 months later...
  • 10 months later...