New Licenses for buddies?

Richard7506

Looking to get a few other licenses for our 4 player LAN group. Is it hard to do? IIRC it is a $25 fee to add on to my main license....is that correct. Any tricks to getting them? Games that I host then will allow them to join in.....but I would always have to host for them to play?

Thanks guys

Rick

Edited by Richard7506

• Members

In a LAN, port forwarding shouldn't be an issue.

The user's manual describes how to configure the computer with the CodeMeter USB stick as a license server (it's a matterr of maybe ten mouse clicks) - see section "Multiple Machines with One CM Stick"

So, yeah - it's easy. Order the additional licenses in our web shop, activate the ticket, boo-ya!

13 hours ago, Gibsonm said:

Your PC needs to remain powered up

This may be obvious, but I just wanted to add this in case it got overlooked:

Your PC needs to remain connected to the internet if you wish to share licenses beyond your local LAN environment.

On 5/29/2017 at 4:40 PM, Ssnake said:

In a LAN, port forwarding shouldn't be an issue.

The user's manual describes how to configure the computer with the CodeMeter USB stick as a license server (it's a matterr of maybe ten mouse clicks) - see section "Multiple Machines with One CM Stick"

So, yeah - it's easy. Order the additional licenses in our web shop, activate the ticket, boo-ya!

OK purchased the licenses.....Where is the "Multiple Machines with one CM stick" couldn't seem to find it in my search......

Has been a while since I did the Code Meter thing. I see it in the tray but when I right click on it I can't seem to open it. On Windows 10. Setting up on a LAN. Purchased a bunch of licenses...not sure if I have the technical experience to set it up :)

Is this the best link to use?

http://www.steelbeasts.com/sbwiki/index.php?title=License_Sharing

1. Activate the extra licenses.

2. Open WebAdmin (see above).

3. Go to "Configuration"

4. Enable "Network Server"

If your friends are truly on a "LAN" (i.e. all machines are using the same IP sub net and there are no Routers or Gateways in between) or in non technical terms they all bring their machines to you home to use it, then you should be OK.

43 minutes ago, Gibsonm said:

To play:

1. They bring their machines to the same place.

2. You start a Network Session in SB and select the Host option.

3. They start a network session in SB and select the Client option.

4. They should see your server in their list.

We MP game all the time with our Wargames. This part will be a breeze. Other steps not so much. Man I hate Code Meter.

• Members

In the Windows Start Menu, there's the "eSim Games" directory with SB Pro PE in it ... and, well, the User's Manual. And a subdirectory called "Other Documents" with, well, other documents that are part of the documentation - but not essential to install and to run the software.

Now, if you can't find the "User's Manual" entry in the Windows 10 start menu (for whatever reason), the file is located here:

C:\Program Files\eSim Games\SB Pro PE\docs\SBProManual.pdf

1 hour ago, Gibsonm said:

1. Activate the extra licenses.

2. Open WebAdmin (see above).

3. Go to "Configuration"

4. Enable "Network Server"

If your friends are truly on a "LAN" (i.e. all machines are using the same IP sub net and there are no Routers or Gateways in between) or in non technical terms they all bring their machines to you home to use it, then you should be OK.

Have my IT pro with me.......Stuck on #4 now.....How does one enable Network Server? Looking at the Configuration tab don't see the "Network Server"

14 minutes ago, Ssnake said:

In the Windows Start Menu, there's the "eSim Games" directory with SB Pro PE in it ... and, well, the User's Manual. And a subdirectory called "Other Documents" with, well, other documents that are part of the documentation - but not essential to install and to run the software.

Now, if you can't find the "User's Manual" entry in the Windows 10 start menu (for whatever reason), the file is located here:

C:\Program Files\eSim Games\SB Pro PE\docs\SBProManual.pdf

Thanks, man.....assumed it was in Documents!  Thanks so much.

Worked like charm......the codemeter right click in the tray never did work for us though. Our IT guy just used the exe for the program to run it that way. After that (and finding the manual again hehe) it was fairly easy. LAN'ed perfectly. Great 5 person session. Newbies in all but we had a blast. PLayed for what 5-hours strait. 

Thanks guys for all the real time help. What an amazing community for even unprepared newbies!!